How do really long fingers affect playing ability?

Not sure what a pick and roll is? Don't know what skill sets work bets for a point guard? Confused on why mustard is such a big deal? This is for you.
MrInitialMan
Forum Rookie

How do really long fingers affect playing ability?

Postby MrInitialMan » August 20th, 2014, 10:46 pm

Free throws, ball handling, that sort of thing?

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Re: How do really long fingers affect playing ability?

Postby JTigerclaw » August 22nd, 2014, 2:23 am

I don't think it has much of an effect. Your shot will be a little different, as the ball has to roll off your long fingers.

I'd say it could negatively affect free throw percentage, but that has more to do with size of hands (think Shaq tossing a basketball like a tennis ball at the hoop) than it does fingers. Maybe you can do some really graceful looking finger-rolls.
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

MrInitialMan
Forum Rookie

Postby MrInitialMan » August 28th, 2014, 3:50 am

Okay. Because Joseph Davis has them--which is the reason he underwent a MAJOR physical exam before being drafted (he was determined NOT to have Marfan Syndrome).

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » August 28th, 2014, 8:57 am

Is there going to be any story about his reaction to being bought out from the league? Given that he didn't make a very good impression in the little time he was there, that unfortunately might be it for him...
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

MrInitialMan
Forum Rookie

Postby MrInitialMan » August 28th, 2014, 12:19 pm

*Looks for the post that says that.* And the darn forum won't let me search for "Joseph Davis".

JWolfman
Forum Veteran

Postby JWolfman » August 28th, 2014, 6:29 pm

It was announced on Twitter and the change was reflected on the SAS WikiFBA page also (and the WikiFBA's Transcations page)
Narkissa Kassius (TAL) - Akako Tsubasa (LOR) - Adam Tevela (QNS) - Yesina Selas (SAS) - Brad Pullman (TXS) - Shanice Alveres (FA) - Xavier Saffiren (WPG) - Greg Saffiren (WPG)

MrInitialMan
Forum Rookie

Postby MrInitialMan » August 28th, 2014, 9:44 pm

Yeah, I read that shortly afterwards. He's posted a tweet about it, but I'll have to work out a story.

Return to “Real basketball talk”