Asian Games RP Master Post

Whether you're looking for critique on an upcoming story or stumped for ideas, this is where you can go to get through that block.
Anonymous13423
Forum Rookie

Asian Games RP Master Post

Postby Anonymous13423 » August 19th, 2014, 4:35 am

Part of something that I wanted to do for my draftee character Lee Jin-Sung was to have him participate in the FBA-verse edition of the 2014 Asian Games; while I'm still not quite sure on whether I can run it as well as some of the RPs run by others here, I decided to give it a shot anyway.

I've decided to simplify the tournament a bit from the way it's run in the actual Asian Games, because I feel that it would be a bit more convenient for me to run it.

The tournament will run from September 20th to October 3rd.

Group Stages (Round-robin play, Top 4 from each group advance to tournament): September 20th-September 29th

Group A: South Korea, China, Iran, Philippines, Qatar, Hong Kong

Group B: India, Japan, North Korea, Chinese Taipei, Jordan, Thailand

20th, 22nd, 24th, 26th, 28th: Group A matches
21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th, 29th: Group B matches

(Note: I will not be able to update the results for the matches until the 24th because of RL issues. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

Tournament: September 30th-October 3rd

Quarterfinals: September 30th-October 1st
Game 1 (G1): Group A 1st Place (A1) vs. Group B 4th Place (B4)
Game 2 (G2): Group B 2nd Place (B2) vs. Group A 3rd Place (A3)
Game 3 (G3): Group B 1st Place (B1) vs. Group A 4th Place (A4)
Game 4 (G4): Group A 2nd Place (A2) vs. Group B 3rd Place (B3)

Semifinals: October 2nd
Game 5 (G5): Winner of G1 vs. Winner of G2
Game 6 (G6): Winner of G3 vs. Winner of G4

Third Place Playoff: October 3rd
Game 7 (G7): Loser of G5 vs. Loser of G6

Final: October 3rd
Game 8 (G8): Winner of G5 vs. Winner of G6

Confirmed FBA draftee/player entrants (so far):

South Korea - Lee Jin-Sung (Black Bear, F), Lim Poong (Opossum, G)
Japan - Hiroyuki Matsuura (Shrike, C/F), Ren Inoue (Tosa Inu, G)
India - Mathiyazagan Balasubramaniam (Malabar Giant Squirrel, F), Bali Mahi (Peacock, G), Shubhra Rajni (Indian Elephant, C)

And some more pending...

Further updates coming soon!
Last edited by Anonymous13423 on September 8th, 2014, 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dcrest13
Forum Rookie

Re: Asian Games RP Master Post

Postby dcrest13 » August 22nd, 2014, 6:24 pm

I will definitely have Ren Paricipate! Or I'll try and have Ren Participate as best as I can provide XD

Harlow
Forum Veteran

Postby Harlow » September 3rd, 2014, 3:56 pm

In behalf of a friend, mind if I add her future FBA draftee for next year? Representing Thailand.

Anonymous13423
Forum Rookie

Postby Anonymous13423 » September 5th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Sure, why not?

Just a note, though; this RP kinda reflects real life sports, and Thailand isn't exactly a basketball powerhouse, so she probably should keep that in mind.

qovapryi
Forum Rookie

Postby qovapryi » September 6th, 2014, 2:21 am

Anonymous13423 wrote:Sure, why not?

Just a note, though; this RP kinda reflects real life sports, and Thailand isn't exactly a basketball powerhouse, so she probably should keep that in mind.

Yup, but are the countries who are currently strong at RL international basketball the same who take it all in the FBA Universe?

Example - FBA!Germany and FBA!Canada are bound to be powerhouses, while IRL they haven't even made it to the World Cup.

Anonymous13423
Forum Rookie

Postby Anonymous13423 » September 6th, 2014, 1:22 pm

qovapryi wrote:
Anonymous13423 wrote:Sure, why not?

Yup, but are the countries who are currently strong at RL international basketball the same who take it all in the FBA Universe?

Example - FBA!Germany and FBA!Canada are bound to be powerhouses, while IRL they haven't even made it to the World Cup.

I'm thinking of a mix between "teams with great FBA players" and "teams with great players IRL" but with a slightly heavier focus on the former. Hence why India and Japan are probably gonna be considered some of the better basketballing countries in Asia despite not doing so well IRL.

Harlow
Forum Veteran

Postby Harlow » September 9th, 2014, 9:30 pm

She wants in.

Pimwadee "Pim" Tansiri, Thailand
Betta Fish, Female. 6' 2"
Swingfur (SF/SG)

You need anything else, just ask. She's still a WIP story wise, but she'll definetly hail from Thailand, maybe studying in North America. (like Ren Inoue)

Return to “Writers' Workshop”