C-Cat Speaks

Trades, buyouts, scandals, events, and everything in between. If there's something going on in the FBA, you'll find it here!
Forum rules
Make sure to read the Rules of 'Roleplay'
Cat In C
Forum Rookie

C-Cat Speaks

Postby Cat In C » August 9th, 2018, 2:12 pm

From the Desk of Chris Farrow

To the press, the entire Plymouth organization, and Taproots fans everywhere…
To say this is a difficult announcement for me to make is quite an understatement.
Twelve years ago, I assumed ownership of the Plymouth Taproots basketball club, and shortly thereafter took on the role of President of Basketball Operations. Becoming the owner and GM of an FBA franchise is not an endeavor to be taken lightly under normal circumstances. In this case, I was taking over the franchise that had been owned by Furry Basketball Association founder Ned Underwood, who had just passed away.
This week, that commitment I made twelve years ago comes to an end. I have agreed to a deal which results in ownership of the Plymouth Taproots being transferred from myself to Chinese media company OSesame Group. With this move, I am also no longer President of Basketball Operations for the club.
For over a decade, I have dedicated myself to building the Taproots, one of the league’s founding franchises, into a winner on and off the court. In that time, I have made many tough decisions based on what I thought was best for the franchise moving forward. Allowing OSesame Group to acquire the Taproots is no different.
Make no mistake, I love the Taproots with every fiber of my being, and I am forever grateful to the organization and the fanbase for the tremendous opportunity to lead this team. That said, I feel I have done everything I can here, and it is time for Mr. James Ma and his team at OSesame to take the reins. I have the utmost confidence that I am leaving the franchise in very capable paws.

Thank you, and for the last time: I am an orange kitty. Your argument is invalid.

Chris Farrow
Former Owner
Former President of Basketball Operations
Forever the Biggest Roots Fan on the Planet
Plymouth Taproots

Return to “Around the L”