Regarding the Rocky Mountan Rabble/RMR

Not everything about the FBA Universe has been documented yet on WikiFBA. And even if it is, this is the place to hold discussions about the world that these furries exist in.
MrInitialMan
Forum Rookie

Regarding the Rocky Mountan Rabble/RMR

Postby MrInitialMan » June 9th, 2014, 2:10 am

If you're on the Wiki and see a reference to the Rocky Mountain Rabble (RMR), please change it to the Rocky Mountain Royals (RMY). If memory serves me rightly, Buck and I agreed that the Rabble should be retconned out of FBA history (except, perhaps, as a nickname for their fans).

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Re: Regarding the Rocky Mountan Rabble/RMR

Postby JTigerclaw » June 9th, 2014, 10:46 pm

I'd actually really like to know the finalized history of this team, like what years they were an FBA team. I didn't know the Rabble team had been retconned, I thought they just changed to the Royals. But any clarification would be nice.
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner

Postby Stefan Calico » June 10th, 2014, 11:19 am

JTigerclaw wrote:I'd actually really like to know the finalized history of this team, like what years they were an FBA team. I didn't know the Rabble team had been retconned, I thought they just changed to the Royals. But any clarification would be nice.

The Royals joined the league in 1979 with the Bikers, Mariners, and Pride. In the original canon they changed over to the Rabble for the 2004-2005 season after their silly antics like wearing tutus on the court saved the team from folding and going bankrupt in 2002-2003. Just a matter of reconciling the retcon now.

admin
FBA Administrator

Postby admin » June 29th, 2014, 10:46 pm

Is that really what we had decided? I thought that the team had been the Rabble but changed their name again. So the Royals had been the Rabble for a while.

MrInitialMan
Forum Rookie

Postby MrInitialMan » June 30th, 2014, 12:18 am

From what I understand we had agreed on, the Rabble had never existed in the current Canon--it's been the Rocky Mountain House Royals from 1974-1979 as a semi-pro team, and then Rocky Mountain Royals as a professional FBA team from 1979-2011 and Rocky Mountain Royals as a D-League team 2011 onwards. If I recall, the Rabble idea really didn't fit the FBA, truth be told. And retconning the Rabble out of existence was my idea. :)

However, it is known for two infamous court jesters: "The Slapstick Showboater" Bryn Mastiffson (played the full 1979-1980 season, injured early 1980 and let his contract expire) and Angus "Tiny" MacColl, who was more of a good-natured prankster--and one of the only people Nathan "Snapjaw" Spinner truly hates.

In any case, it's mentioned on the wiki as a retconned team. :)

JWolfman
Forum Veteran

Postby JWolfman » June 30th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Speaking of them, I'm curious about how this season's D-League has progressed thus far. I only know that Greg Saffiren, one of my rookies, was drafted into that league but that's about it.
Narkissa Kassius (TAL) - Akako Tsubasa (LOR) - Adam Tevela (QNS) - Yesina Selas (SAS) - Brad Pullman (TXS) - Shanice Alveres (FA) - Xavier Saffiren (WPG) - Greg Saffiren (WPG)

Return to “FBA Canon”