A suggestion for the dearth of Head Coaches

For any issues that need raised, be they with the engine, the website, or the forum. We're here to help, but keep the whining to a minimum.
Tazel
Forum Rookie

A suggestion for the dearth of Head Coaches

Postby Tazel » September 5th, 2014, 4:24 am

Hello everyone.

I was looking over the FBA GM and Head Coach list, and was dismayed to see over 1/3 of our teams without head coaches. I volunteered for the Spectrums, but there are still some fine teams out there that need help.

We have a lot of people coming in as contributors, tweeters, and chatters. Many of these folks are very passionate and intelligent, and want to do right by the FBA. I think they'd make great head coaches for these teams. I'd like to tell these folks that it is a very good way to get your feet wet with having a controlling interest in the project. However, I feel they may be a bit skittish about being in control of any team, for fear of making mistakes and becoming unpopular.

Making mistakes and being unpopular is a risk everyone takes, from the commissioner all the way down to those who manage day to day status updates for their characters. But it might be beneficial to bring folks together, and let them hear from those who have done it before, on just how easy and fulfilling being a head coach can be - especially if you have a strong GM to assist you, and i don't see a weak one on our list anywhere.

So here is my proposition - I would like to ask the commish, or possibly even Buckhopper if he has time, to have a small Livestream meeting to help explain the duties and rules, give examples, hear testimonies from previous coaches, and hopefully recruit some folks right then and there. I think once people see how fulfilling it can be, they'd jump at the chance to take the reins of a team, and there's a good possibility to get all the slots filled at once, or at least a majority.

I recall in the summer of 2012, I wanted to be a GM, but I was talked into being a Head Coach, and I do not regret that decision one bit. In fact, it gave me a unique understanding and ability to write for the Typhoons, with coaches and GMs happily lending a paw to help. I see no reason this can't be repeated for new up and comers.

So what do you say, Commish? Buck? How about a little weekend presentation meeting for 'How to be a head coach' to give some newcomers a chance to see how fulfilling it can be to drive a franchise team, possibly to the finals? (Of course, this might wait a bit until a new engine is put in place, but the spirit behind being a head coach is strong no matter how it's done!)

T6
Player/Creator of:
Tazel Tawner (Ex-TAL Coach); Travis Buckner (TXS); Francis DeLaroux (WPG); Aurora Goldshine (HWI); Brad Pullman (TAL); Hank Sawyer (TEN); Kelly Sprach (BGR); Gorge Pappamalous (LOR)

itsamadworld919
Forum Rookie

Re: A suggestion for the dearth of Head Coaches

Postby itsamadworld919 » September 30th, 2014, 10:14 pm

I'm a new HC, and I would greatly appreciate something like this.

MigeYeFoxe
Forum Rookie

Re: A suggestion for the dearth of Head Coaches

Postby MigeYeFoxe » October 2nd, 2014, 12:27 am

Well there is http://furrybasketball.com/wiki/index.p ... h_Resource though it is incomplete due to not having the coaching system truly finalized for us yet.
Always remember no matter how bad the situation may get, a Pessimist will always believe that any change could only be for the better. An Optimist would disagree.
Characters: Kresta Renstill

Return to “Questions/Comments/Suggestions”