A suggestion for the upcoming draft presentation

For any issues that need raised, be they with the engine, the website, or the forum. We're here to help, but keep the whining to a minimum.
Tazel
Forum Rookie

A suggestion for the upcoming draft presentation

Postby Tazel » August 18th, 2014, 8:07 pm

Hello everyone!

So I came up with an idea in FBA chat today that seemed to be reasonably received.

In the past, the draft would go through each of the players' pictures, with just the commissioner's voice declaring the name. I think it might be stepped up a notch, showing the individuality of the players a bit more?

How? By music!

Each of the Top 24 at the very least, and hopefully every draft candidate, would have their actor decide on a small snippet of music to be played if said candidate is chosen by a team. That way, it adds a bit of color and individuality for every choice.

As an example, I can use Aurora and Brad: Auroras I would choose the beginning of 'Age of Aquarius', and Brad, of course, would have the Star Spangled Banner play.

So, actors? What would your candidates want to be your music piece to represent them adequately while they're picking up their team jersey?
And for the commissioner and related folks - perhaps this might be a good list to go by, so to add value to an important upcoming date?

Just a suggestion! :)

T6
Player/Creator of:
Tazel Tawner (Ex-TAL Coach); Travis Buckner (TXS); Francis DeLaroux (WPG); Aurora Goldshine (HWI); Brad Pullman (TAL); Hank Sawyer (TEN); Kelly Sprach (BGR); Gorge Pappamalous (LOR)

Ratiphex
Forum Rookie

Re: A suggestion for the upcoming draft presentation

Postby Ratiphex » August 19th, 2014, 6:00 am

I was going to do a different song for Edwin ("Here I Come" by the Roots), but on second thought, let's go with something that speaks to his roots - "Far Cry" by Rush)

Specifically starting at this part of the song:

http://youtu.be/CSoiURfbP9s?t=2m49s

Harlow
Forum Veteran

Postby Harlow » August 20th, 2014, 11:26 am

it's VERY prone to change, but the second chorus of "Feet On The Ground" just gets me as extremely fitting for Julian for now.

http://youtu.be/s8VzFeOUM8s?t=2m

lizzimba
Forum Rookie

Postby lizzimba » August 21st, 2014, 10:10 am

This is a brilliant idea.

KevinMalka
Forum Veteran

Postby KevinMalka » August 21st, 2014, 10:20 am

For Kevin I would have to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AEX0WRZzfI

The lyrics just fit Kevin so well. Starting with being alone and some self doubt, then all about reaching for his dreams and goals and the power of teamwork. VERY Kevin.

Maybe starting : http://youtu.be/-AEX0WRZzfI?t=55s
Or any of the choruses, or, well, anywhere.

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » August 22nd, 2014, 1:35 am

I LOVE the idea! But it will be challenging to get everybody with characters in the draft to pick a song by Aug 31. In that case, maybe a few enthusiastic folks can go through and pick a song for as many characters as they can (since their personalities are well enough established, most of them anyways).

For Mikaylah it's pretty easy. Tempting to pick something like Flogging Molly because I like the band, but most songs from Riverdance are more appropriate for her. The 2:40 mark of this one, for instance, would be perfect to play as she's selected! :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieUAkH53t3M ("Lord Of The Dance" by R. Hardman)
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

JWolfman
Forum Veteran

Postby JWolfman » August 22nd, 2014, 7:02 am

Adam Tevela should have Dick Dale's Misirlou playing. Obviously.
Narkissa Kassius (TAL) - Akako Tsubasa (LOR) - Adam Tevela (QNS) - Yesina Selas (SAS) - Brad Pullman (TXS) - Shanice Alveres (FA) - Xavier Saffiren (WPG) - Greg Saffiren (WPG)

Harlow
Forum Veteran

Postby Harlow » August 23rd, 2014, 12:04 pm

JTigerclaw wrote:I LOVE the idea! But it will be challenging to get everybody with characters in the draft to pick a song by Aug 31. In that case, maybe a few enthusiastic folks can go through and pick a song for as many characters as they can (since their personalities are well enough established, most of them anyways).

For Mikaylah it's pretty easy. Tempting to pick something like Flogging Molly because I like the band, but most songs from Riverdance are more appropriate for her. The 2:40 mark of this one, for instance, would be perfect to play as she's selected! :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieUAkH53t3M ("Lord Of The Dance" by R. Hardman)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpXEsdqGVEo Kinda thought about this one when coming to her...

Wendingo
Forum Rookie

Postby Wendingo » August 24th, 2014, 8:00 am

As a huge WWE fan. this is awesome.

it might be hard for the commissioner to DO this.. have intro music just before the player signs. But that's on Stevie ifhe wants to do this too
Player for Dylan Redfield, Jake Turner, GM of the Albany Alphas.

Tazel
Forum Rookie

Postby Tazel » August 24th, 2014, 8:45 am

Wendingo wrote:As a huge WWE fan. this is awesome.

it might be hard for the commissioner to DO this.. have intro music just before the player signs. But that's on Stevie ifhe wants to do this too

It would have to be up to individuals to provide either an MP3, or a youtube time-marked link, so that the prep could be done prior to the announcement. And for those who don't/can't, there should be some generic 'celebration' music for them, I would think.

Again, yes, lot of work, but it's something I think that could be done if everyone pitched in and assisted the commish on it.
Player/Creator of:
Tazel Tawner (Ex-TAL Coach); Travis Buckner (TXS); Francis DeLaroux (WPG); Aurora Goldshine (HWI); Brad Pullman (TAL); Hank Sawyer (TEN); Kelly Sprach (BGR); Gorge Pappamalous (LOR)

KevinMalka
Forum Veteran

Postby KevinMalka » August 24th, 2014, 9:13 am

I think the biggest issue is that there's no way we are getting every character a song before next Sunday.

Tazel
Forum Rookie

Postby Tazel » August 24th, 2014, 12:00 pm

KevinMalka wrote:I think the biggest issue is that there's no way we are getting every character a song before next Sunday.

Maybe. Definitely a thought for next year if nothing else. :)
Player/Creator of:

Return to “Questions/Comments/Suggestions”