Looking for Assistance With a Project

For any issues that need raised, be they with the engine, the website, or the forum. We're here to help, but keep the whining to a minimum.
KevinMalka
Forum Veteran

Looking for Assistance With a Project

Postby KevinMalka » July 28th, 2014, 10:35 pm

Okay, so Shane suggested I post this on the forums, twitter, FA, etc, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if anybody is willing to assist in whatever ways they can.

For those of you who follow the draftees on twitter, during the Hawaii "Show Your Colours" event, my draftee Kevin hosted a photoshoot on the beach. IC, the reasoning was to put together a calendar for the Arctics and the Kahunas that the two teams could sell to raise money for charity.

It was an idea that got me thinking. I kinda held off on thinking about it too much while I still had school work to finish, but with my exam over, I can think about it all I like.

In short, to give to the FBA community, I kinda wanted to put together those calendars, or at the very LEAST one of them, and get them sent out to all of us participating members of the FBA, or, at least to everyone that wants one, you know? It would be a 15 month calendar, one month for every player on the team, with all the players assembled into one group shot for the front cover. Every player would be wearing what they would have to the photoshoot, whether that is a speedo, board shorts, shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, etc.

Here's where I get to the part that I need assistance in. This is going to be an expensive project. For the full 30 players, in colour, from, say Pac, it would cost $1800 before taking into account the cost of at least one background and any extra expenses. Ada would be slightly less cost, at about $1500 before taking into account those extra expenses.

Originally, I had hoped "well, maybe I can try and get 15 artists, one for each player on each team, until I realized how exorbitantly expensive that would be, since both Pac and Ada actually operate on the low side of the cost for artists on FA. It would be more cost effective to commission, say, Pac for one team and Ada for the other, or both working on both teams, or even just say 1 of them for all 30 players.

But, you know what, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Here is why I posted this here: I am looking for assistance, as simple as that. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Whether that assistance is in the form of helping fund the project, or in the offering of art to help create the project, anything would be appreciated. I just thought it would be a nice idea, to have a beach photoshoot 2015 + 3 months calendar for everyone here in the FBA to enjoy.

If I can not obtain any assistance, that is 100% fine. I will slowly save up the funds required, it will just take me a while longer. In the end, once it is finished, I will still get enough copies of the calendar printed up to share with everyone that desires one.

So, if you have any ideas to suggest, or wish to offer your help in any way, please get in touch. You can comment here, note me on FA at FFRedXIII, PM me here, get in contact via skype at KevinMalka, or email me at kingsleywolfe@gmail.com

Thank you for your time, everyone.

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Re: Looking for Assistance With a Project

Postby JTigerclaw » August 5th, 2014, 6:02 pm

Due to a commission that coincides with this event, I may be able to donate art for 2 of the players in this shoot. (Mikaylah Marley, Rebecca McCloud). And if we decide on one artist for all the characters, I'm willing to purchase a commission of Mikaylah to contribute!

Clarification: there are 30 players and 15 months to the calendar? So are 2 characters going to be featured for each month? Maybe having commissions in sets of 2 may work better?
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

KevinMalka
Forum Veteran

Re: Looking for Assistance With a Project

Postby KevinMalka » August 5th, 2014, 6:53 pm

I should clarify, JT. The calendars were intended specifically to cover the Kahunas and Arctics. 2 separate 15 month calendars, 1 for each team. Though, those details are still being ironed out. Need to work out prices, ideas, etc.

Because while Kevin took photos of the draftees and such, the calendar idea was pitched to the Kahunas and Arctics to raise money for charity IC. I thought making a physical version of said item to give out to those of us participating in the FBA would be a cool idea.

So, unfortunately, Rebecca and Mikaylah wouldn't be in this project. My apologies.

Return to “Questions/Comments/Suggestions”