To the Contributors of the League

If there's been anything new behind the scenes in the FBA, you'll find it here.
Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner

To the Contributors of the League

Postby Stefan Calico » February 13th, 2017, 4:47 pm

Hey everyone.

The past three years have been a roller-coaster of ups and down with this league project, with many good times and a few (if not overly dramatic) bad times. However, as difficult as it is for me to do this, circumstances have dictated that I have to make the following announcement: As of the end of the 2016-17 season I will be officially stepping down as the League Commissioner, possibly even earlier.

Many of you may have caught my statement in the Slack general-chat, but if you haven't heard about being told that my mother has terminal cancer: now you know. This past weekend the doctors have downgraded her status from having months left to live to only weeks or even days. I cannot realistically be at my full capacity and perform my duties as Commissioner for this project while also tending to my dying parent. To that end, if worse does come to worse, my resignation will be considered effective as of that moment and my replacement will assume the responsibilities of finishing out the remainder of this season as well.

This doesn't mean that I will be leaving the project entirely, but I will be away for as long as it takes to get things sorted out when the time comes. The Committee has also been very supportive and understanding of my situation as well as the timing of the upcoming All-Star Weekend, and are working extra hard now to not only manage these events but also begin the process of finding my successor. Please make sure to show them your appreciation whenever you can.

Thanks for reading,

StevieMaxwell, aka

Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner
2016-17 Season

tl;dr version: stepping down as Commissioner at end of this season or possibly earlier.

Gustavo
Forum Rookie

Re: To the Contributors of the League

Postby Gustavo » February 13th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Best wishes to you Stevie. We'll be here for you, take care.

Jakebe
Forum Prospect

Postby Jakebe » February 13th, 2017, 5:13 pm

Oh my goodness, Stevie, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis. Of course, you should absolutely do what it takes to make sure that your needs and the needs of our family are met at this time. The league will be here when you get back, and we will support you until you're ready to do so.

If there is anything you need, or anything I can do to help, PLEASE let me know. Even if it's just a friendly ear, or someone to provide emotional support.

Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » February 13th, 2017, 5:27 pm

I think we can all understand Steve. Take the time you need to heal when the time comes, but stay with her as long as you have her.

Ratiphex
Forum Rookie

Postby Ratiphex » February 13th, 2017, 7:02 pm

Stevie -

There's not really much else I can add to what others have already said. All the best to you and your family in this difficult time.

Kinto
Forum Rookie

Postby Kinto » February 20th, 2017, 10:40 am

I can't hardly imagine what you're going through. I think we all understand that absolutely needs to take priority on your life right now.

Also, none of us can adequately express our gratitude for how much you've done for the FBA. We'll keep the engine warm for whenever you feel up to returning.

Return to “League News/Updates”