2016-17 League Committee Voting is CLOSED

If there's been anything new behind the scenes in the FBA, you'll find it here.
Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner

2016-17 League Committee Voting is CLOSED

Postby Stefan Calico » August 15th, 2016, 10:17 pm

Listed below are the candidates applying for the fourth League Committee:

FBA contributors were be given 5 votes each that can be distributed any way they want (1 vote for each of 5 candidates, all 5 votes toward 1 candidate, or anything in between). Votes could only be toward one of the candidates listed above -- write-in votes were thrown out when tallied. While contributors could have voted for themselves, only one vote was counted -- any extra votes cast for oneself did not count.

Votes were tallied by PMs to Stefan Calico here on the Forums, DMs via Slack, and emails to steviemaxwell@gmail.com with the subject line "[FBA] League Committee Vote".

Voting was private and kept secret, though voters were free to reveal their own votes anytime. Voting remained open until 1.15am PDT on Monday September 5th (plus one hour due to network issues) when the votes were tallied and the 5 members of the fourth FBA League Committee were revealed:

• FadedForest
  • KingsleyWolfe
  • MigeYeFoxe
  • Qovapryi
  • Rourkie

Thank you to all of the candidates that did apply for positions. Further questions or comments about the election can be sent to the Commissioner at commish@furrybasketball.net.
Last edited by Stefan Calico on September 5th, 2016, 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: voting closed
Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner
2016-2017 Season

Rourkie
FBA Administrator

Rourkie's Campaign

Postby Rourkie » August 16th, 2016, 10:00 pm

Hi all,

I'm Rourkie and I'm running for Committee again. I feel like I've done great job in my first year in this role, and want to continue to help make the FBA even greater. My focus is on community growth, encouraging members to contribute through roleplay, stories, art, and other media. I feel the best way to do this is to help foster the creative process as a Committee member, and to be approachable and take action where necessary as issues arise, whether they be large or small, administrative or personal.

I'm taking up the responsibility of webmaster/administrator for the site this year, so I think that being on the Committee would be beneficial for keeping communication lines open completely between the Committee and FBA members. I'm here to serve the community first, and have shown this last year that I'm willing to work through any issues that come up so that issues are resolved in a timely manner, and in a way that best benefits everyone involved. I've done my best to be approachable for everyone, and definitely feel comfortable discussing matters in confidence.

I think we've definitely started a shift back toward storytelling this year; I want to make that a key focus of this group in the coming year. The heart and soul of this organization shouldn't be about who wins or loses, but how we can tell good stories and create an extraordinary, but believable, world. This last year was a good start, but I think this year we can make it even better. As a Committee member, I want to do more to encourage creativity, and get people involved through writing prompts, brainstorming sessions, and collaboration events so that we can all work together to strengthen the rich tapestry we've already created.

If you have any questions, feel free to send them to me directly, I'd be happy to answer them. Let's make this the best year yet for the FBA!
Last edited by Stefan Calico on August 29th, 2016, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed title of post

qovapryi
Forum Rookie

Qovapryi's Campaign

Postby qovapryi » August 16th, 2016, 11:41 pm

Hey there guys, this is Q.

I'll try to make it brief. I'm not gonna force anyone into believing I'm the best choice for Committee. Actions speak louder than words, and you've had plenty of time to value my actions during my first Committee stint. If you believe the league better move on from having me in a power position, I wouldn't hold it against anyone.

The only thing I want to state here is that I don't do this for personal gain. Helping people to get along and resolving conflict has always been my big call ever since high school, and even though being on Committee has his negative moments, I really feel the positives greatly outweigh them. And really, this little FBA thing has brought together people from all corners of the world, and created friendships that will hopefully last long after it'll mark it natural end point. I really feel this is too special of a thing to give up on it, and I'd gladly take pride in you considering me as an ideal contributor to perpetuate this job.

Now let's go and make the FBA great again by being stronger together! :D

*gets bapped*
Last edited by Stefan Calico on August 29th, 2016, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

KevinMalka
Forum Veteran

KingsleyWolfe's Campaign

Postby KevinMalka » August 17th, 2016, 9:40 am

Hey there everyone, Kingsley here.

I'll say this right upfront: I really do want to be a member of the committee. I want this because I want to help the community that has brought me so much, helped me through so much. I've only been around for two years, but within those two years, some of you guys have become the best friends I have ever made. I've traveled to conventions to meet you guys and hang out, your company has helped me through graduating and so many more things, and I can't think of any better way to give back to you all than by working for the community as a committee member.

I know the job is very stressful, and a ton of work, but I would not shirk in my duties. And while I can't make too many promises, partially because I don't want to end up lying, and partially because I do not know the extent of what will be required of me, only committee members know that, I can make one promise: the return of the meeting minutes. While they likely will not be exactly like they were before, they were an amazing way to keep the community up to date on what the committee has done. Take the work that goes on behind the scene and let people see it, so that it doesn't feel like nothing is happening. If I am voted into the committee, I will ensure that we see a return of them, in some form.

And with that said, I'll head out with one final word. This community needs people who will do their best to support it, no matter what. People who will encourage story writing, encourage people to draw and develop their skills if that is what they want to do, and encourage a safe, friendly space for everybody to use to interact with each other.If you believe that I will help to accomplish these things, I would greatly appreciate your vote. If you believe there are others who would do the job better than I would, please, vote for them. I just want to see that this league has the best people possible handling it.

Thank you for your time, everybody.

~Kingsley

MigeYeFoxe
Forum Rookie

MigeYeFoxe's Campaign

Postby MigeYeFoxe » August 17th, 2016, 10:00 am

Hello, I am MigeYeFoxe, I've been the one maintaining the player Stats and Metrics tables for the past two years. I am also one of the people were on the committee for the 2015-2016 season. I'd like to think that I've been approachable enough for everyone and do my best to try and maintain an open mind, even if I do sometimes play devil's advocate. I would say more but I would think my track record would say more than anything, so if you think I've done a good job as someone on the committee, then vote for me again, else, pick someone else.
Last edited by Stefan Calico on August 29th, 2016, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember no matter how bad the situation may get, a Pessimist will always believe that any change could only be for the better. An Optimist would disagree.
Characters: Kresta Renstill

lizzimba
Forum Rookie

Lizzimba's Campaign

Postby lizzimba » August 18th, 2016, 6:08 am

Hi there,

I'm Lizzimba, and I have been a member of the FBA for over four years at this point. I have personally contributed quite a lot to the FBA with art, stories, videos and game content as well. The reason why I do these things is simply because I owe a lot to the FBA and the people within it who have inspired me and made me feel welcome. I have a lot of belief in what the FBA can deliver to people and what it can inspire in others.

For that reason, I am throwing my hat into the ring for this years commitee (glutton for punishment I know). The reason I put myself forward is due to my masses of experience when it comes to both online forum games and game development in general. I have had to deal with difficult crowds online to multi-million pound commisioners in my role as a gameshow developer. I have a keen eye for game development and can forsee problems before they arrive and I have rules tested and game developed some of the larger gameshows in the world. I have every faith in my ability to help make the FBA work for everyone and make it a funner place. World Jam was my baby and I hope you agree that has added to the fabric that is the FBA.

I have also had to diffuse some very big disagreements in the FBA in my time and have often acted as peacemaker. I'm good at that sort of thing also, and I'm genuinely a people person.

My manifesto is simple, to bring back more fun and excitement to the FBA. I want to recreate old or new moments within the FBA that got me excited to engage with, whether its the draft, storytime, draft draws, big announcements, the stuff they really excites you in your gut. I feel we have been mechanically whirring the cogs of the machine, but its now time to streamline the game where possible and allow us to have the most fun possible within that framework. Some people are too bogged down in the details to be able to express themselves and for us all to get together and communicate outside of Slack, and I'd like to help change that. World Jam was designed to solve a problem in a fun way, take some of the weight of Stevies back, but also provide entertainment to you guys. I think theres a lot more we can do like that.

Thank you everyone for reading my pitch!

Lizz
Last edited by Stefan Calico on August 29th, 2016, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

XenosBlade
Forum Prospect

XenosBlade's Campaign

Postby XenosBlade » August 18th, 2016, 7:46 am

Hello furs from this awesome project!!

First I’d like to say that my experience here in this project and community has been a major blast ever since I joined. My first full year has had a ton of more ups than downs, and I do have to thank the commissioner, the previous committee, and of course the rest of my fellow contributors here in the project for making that the case in the 2015-2016 season!!

I do want to do everything I can to help make everyone’s experience for this upcoming year even brighter and more fun than the last. Which is why I want to try and get a crack at being a committee member. I really do want to show my appreciation by giving back to the community I’ve grown very fond of in the past year.

As for experience, I have been a coach for the Lorain Firestorm and GM of the Santa Ana Spectrums. I have also helped Wen with the grade sheets to get some of that stress off that big lovable fluff ball, and will continue to do so for this upcoming year. I also run the 2K broadcasts called Sports Den with the awesome partner and close friend Fadedforest, and I am a PBP commentator for it as well. I am also very approachable, so if you have any issues you can easily come to me and I will always try to see what I can do. If theatre has taught me anything, it’s the importance of communication and truly understanding the situation before taking action.

Now of course, I do want to bring up that with me being a theatre major, there are times where I won’t be as available as I usually am throughout the year. I also do want to inform that I have been casted for the Fall semester as well for the musical Spring Awakening. So I will be pretty busy throughout some stages of the draft and a bit of the preseason, but after October 2nd I should be good to go!!

Thanks for tuning in everyone, now let’s continue to make this project fun for everyone!!

#VoteBatBat2016
#YouDontHave2
#GiveMeFruitSnacks

Harlow
Forum Veteran

Harlow's Campaign

Postby Harlow » August 18th, 2016, 2:32 pm

“I’ll be and act pretty newbish if I am selected and I might face trouble…”
Well I know I got that part of my promise to a tee, so let me learn and progress for the better.

Hello, I’m Harlow and I wish to get elected for another term in the committee of 2016-2017.

First of all I want to thank Stevie and all my fellow committee members, all dedicated and incredible, for the hard work they put and have let me contribute in it, it’s been a real pleasure. Now, was my run perfect and will I say I am perfect and for that I should be in again? Course not; it was a steep learning curve and it sometimes felt like a big struggle, but in all, wouldn’t have it any other way. I feel I have only grown from everything we went through in here and have now the experience to really consolidate this next year as much better. I want to help build the FBA up, be in contact with all of you people and at the service of the league as much as I can, helping solve issues the best of my knowledge and work with my fellow committee members to make sure this goes on the best it can be.

I want to make sure all the events that go on would go on as seamlessly as they can (ASW events, SDs, meeting minutes, and all the like), help get the goal of fomenting more storytelling, maintain this place fair to all, as well as helping all the new people to get in the league and feel as integrated as they can, aiding them with whatever they may need. I have lived some great moments here, you have seen some of my own RL great moments with myself too, met some amazing people that have influenced me in ways I haven’t even thought possible and I want to keep repaying it to you by helping it develop and be of assistance to it, treating it and you with the seriousness and dignity all this system and community deserves.

Harlow out, telling you to think carefully of this and vote smartly and for the ones that you think will truly keep the league going as great of an upward route as it has been going recently.

IllaRouge
Forum Prospect

IllaRouge's Campaign

Postby IllaRouge » August 18th, 2016, 11:08 pm

Hey, folks. IllaRouge here, and I'm making a bid for the 2016-17 league committee.

The FBA has changed a lot in the few short years I've been here, some of it for the better, some of it otherwise. Each trial brings new innovations, and this league has shown time and again that it's capable of progression. Even the fact that this committee exists is a great show of faith by those that instituted it and maintain it.

A great part of our community is its diversity, and that should be reflected in the committee. I want to put myself forth for this role in the FBA, because I think I can bring something unique to this group; not necessarily better than my compatriots, but special in its own right.

Stories: I've made that my main aim here. With such a many-splendored group of contributors and characters, the FBA has generated a world built upon and maintained by narrative. I want to create an atmosphere where contributors can develop their characters with support and consciousness of the universe already in place. I've already tried to facilitate collaboration and collusion with one another, and in the committee, I can bring even more of that to the forefront. Tutorials, advice, constructive criticism; whatever this community needs to grow even stronger in story.

The community equally deserves someone they can trust during the not-so-great times. As a committee member, I'd emphasize transparency and openness in communication between contributors and leaders. Contributors need a group of people they can trust if they have concerns or wish to have issues addressed, and I can help provide that. Not everything will be sunshine and roses, as we've seen in the past, but if we can learn from those times, if we can apply them to something progressive, we can truly make lemonade from lemons.

I also want to see this community expand. We've made efforts in the past to reach out to potential contributors, and I'd like to contribute to a committee capable of doing this even more. Reaching out to other websites, real-world conventions, maybe even doing some collaborative pieces and events with other story communities: I'd like to see us cautiously expand and bring in new people.

In parting, I'm neither so bold to think I have all the answers, nor do I think that my ideas don't deserve their own consideration, just like everyone else's. I want to be a committee member that is capable of both listening at all times and acting when the time is right. I refuse to remain idle, but I also know the importance of moving forward as a group.

Our community survives on the strength of its members, their characters, and their stories.

Thank you for listening, and I hope to gain your consideration.

FadedForest
Forum Rookie

FadedForest's Campaign

Postby FadedForest » August 21st, 2016, 6:42 pm

Hey fellow FBAer’s,

For those who don’t know me, I’m FadedForest and I have been around for about a year and a half now. I’ve served as a GM, HC, and now running for a committee spot. This last year I have been helping out behind the scenes on a lot of little things. Whether it be production of the 2015 FBA Draft, simulating/streaming/casting many of the SportsDen games, and helping keep the team/seasonal stat records up to date.

Now what qualifies me for committee?

I have only been around for a year and a half, but I have experience running an organization. I served three years on the Executive Committee of my Fraternity, and faced various problems that we had to overcome together. And I see a lot of parallels between the problems we faced and the root of many FBA problems, miscommunication and internal drama, and feel my experience can be an asset to the committee.

What would I work towards as a committee member?

I would like to work on attrition within the community. The ultimate goal of the FBA is to have fun and provide a creative outlet, but I see contributors who create a character or two and end up leaving, never really seen or engage with the community. It is a lot harder to keep people around if they are not engaged and committed to the project. Which is why I want to push for more collaboration on stories, and even pet projects like the EFBL or D-League, The Hoop, or the podcast/broadcast. Engagement is the biggest weapon against attrition, which is also why I would push for more town hall meetings. While Slack is a great improvement over the previous web chat, it also moves fast and difficult to keep track of. We still need those moments of committee and community sitting down and discussing current events to better respond to grievances and concerns mid-season, let alone keep everyone up to date on upcoming events. Communication is important for the community to keep succeeding.

And I believe I can help the community succeed. I hope you all will consider me for committee and if you have any questions do not hesitate to private message me on slack or skype.

Thanks!

~FadedForest
Last edited by Stefan Calico on August 29th, 2016, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fraddas
Forum Rookie

Fraddas' Campaign

Postby Fraddas » August 27th, 2016, 11:10 pm

One more time

Who I am?
My name's Fraddas. for those who don't know, I've been actively involved with the FBA for roughly 4-5 years now. I've managed the Texas Lone Stars formally known as the Kansas City Clefs, and coached Biloxi and Williamsburg. I also served a short term on the committee as a replacement when one of our own had to step own for reasons at the time. and this year I'm throwing in my hat one last time to be a member of the FBA committee for the 2016-2017 season.

why I'm doing this?
First of all I'm running because I've been trying to run for a full spot on the committee. I got in as a substitute after some drama I rather not discuss because it's ancient history. However, since then I've been wanting a shot to make a difference. Secondly that's what I want to do. I want to help build up this universe we've made together and work alongside all the talented folks we got here to make that happen. I also want to be there to help defuse any potential problems that might come up too.=3

what can you do to help
You can help me help you by voting for me this year. after this, win loose or draw I may not submit myself for the committee next year. I'm starting feel like Harvey Milk 3rd time running for public office he, didn't make it but, "More votes then ever! =D" not sure I got another committee campaign in me after this one. So please consider me and give me a vote for FBA committee this year.
Last edited by Stefan Calico on August 29th, 2016, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

MartineauQC
Forum Rookie

MartineauQC's Campaign

Postby MartineauQC » August 28th, 2016, 5:28 pm

Bonjour everyone , MartineauQC here, your friendly french-canadian FBA member, talking to you about me trying once more to become a committee member. This will be my second attempt.

As some of you might know me, since I came here for the first time, I felt nothing but love for this place. As for a long time, I felt creatively dry and had no where to turn to truly express myself and have fun. This community has been a blessing for me. Since then I never wanted to leave. I made such great friends here and my spark was back again. I have now 2 years under my belt. I always done my best to contribute the best I can to the project, throwing many ideas into the pot and constructive ideas. But moreso , some of you has come to know me as someone that was always approachable and always willing to speak to anyone that seemed help or just been feeling bad.

There where good times like they where also bad times in those two years. This happens in any given project. But if there something you can be sure about me, is that always tried to help and speak my mind in a way that we can find constructive solutions for problems so everyone can find a common ground. This is about bringing fun and keeping it that way on the future that coming ahead of us as we reach a new era. And I want to be part of it. We have a new group of eager and enthusiastic contributors and its our job as "veterans" of the project to led by example. I can assume that it would be my main goal. I owe the project much. Allow me to repay the kindness by mine.

Thank you for your time,
-MartineauQC

Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner

Stryker's Campaign

Postby Stefan Calico » August 29th, 2016, 3:33 am

Hello to all FBA fans and contributors. Stryker here. I would like to announce my running for the 2016-2017 League Committee.

Why, you ask? Well, I really care about the community and hope that everybody will get along, despite having our natural differences. I had some major problems with the league during this past season. Feelings of hatred, abandonment, and selfish desires. Throughout the course of my time last season, I learned to cope with people and become a proper mediator with all parties involved.

I really want to build the FBA community but I need to hear from you what you guys want. I'm willing to overlook the project and keep things in check, making sure that one contributor doesn't get all the credit and attention. I really want to make the FBA a better place while keeping a proper atmosphere for all. So please, if you do get elected in the committee, I will give you my word that the FBA will be a better place for all and not have certain contributors be looked down upon.

This is my campaign and I do hope you will vote for me to occupy one of the five seats available in the committee. Thank you for your time in reading this.

Return to “League News/Updates”