A Note From Jamie's Agent

Coaches need a place to express themselves too. So do the agents for the players. And you can bet the media pops in from time to time.
Forum rules
Make sure to read the Rules of 'Roleplay'
JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

A Note From Jamie's Agent

Postby JTigerclaw » August 22nd, 2014, 8:09 pm

[The following is a short letter released to media and GMs via Jamie Velasquez's agent, Lee Adam Morrison (raccoon)]

8-22-14

On behalf of my client, Jamie Velasquez, and with her blessing, we are formally requesting a trade from the Tennessee Moonshiners franchise.

Ms. Velasquez and I are truly, immeasurably heartbroken by the actions of new General Manager, Vinnie Verminus, which we've deemed despicable and indefensible. The way he came in and dismantled the newly crowned FBA Champions with the same cold, swift precision of a child taking apart a toy is monumentally upsetting to Ms. Velasquez as well as myself. In speaking with Ms. Velasquez, she feels deeply disrespected by the actions of Mr. Verminus. Her best friends, one of which was an All-Star and DPOY candidate and the other a rising star and Finals MVP, have been shipped off for a handful of beans. All Moonshiners players experiencing free agency have been brushed off in favor of D-Leaguers and cheap rejects. Furthermore, for this team to give their blood, sweat, tears... EVERYTHING THEY HAD... to finally claim its position atop the FBA mountain, only to be cruelly ripped apart from within, shows a complete and unforgivable disregard for the countless hours and tireless efforts contributed by every member of the Moonshiners organization, from the players, to staff, to former GM Roscoe Lott who built this championship team.

As a result of aforementioned decisions by Mr. Verminus, we feel that the GM's interest is not in contending for championships, but in watching his bottom dollar while tinkering with experimental notions of a basketball team. It truly is a tragedy, and I personally feel sorry for those men and women who helped this team achieve greatness, as well as the loyal fans who've waited 20 long years to taste that first championship. They deserve better than this.

Henceforth, my client, Jamie Velasquez, would like to be traded to an organization that respects winning, respects their players, and respects her. While she would love to join Paul Teronura or Aragon Fisher on their new teams, she is open to any deal that places her in a good situation. Ms. Velasquez and I would like to be kept abreast of all trade developments, and we request final approval on any trade. We wish for this to be done ASAP, and most definitely before the start of the season.

Kindly note that while the feelings expressed in this letter are shared by both myself and Ms. Velasquez, the strong wording is solely my own. Ms. Velasquez does not wish ill of the Tennessee Moonshiners or of Mr. Verminus, nor do I. She simply knows that she cannot continue her career here.

If you need to reach me on these matters, for trades or information regarding my client, Ms. Velasquez, my number is [redacted]. Feel free to drop me a line.

Respectfully,
LAM
Last edited by JTigerclaw on September 8th, 2014, 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Re: A Note From Jamie's Agent

Postby JTigerclaw » September 8th, 2014, 1:26 am

9-7-14

The short, stocky raccoon stared out the window of his Long Beach office at the swaying palm trees and scurrying cars, zipping back and forth like the thoughts running through his head. At one moment, a feral seagull swooped past the window, catching the coon's attention... and a tight scowl formed on his grey muzzle.

It reminded him that his client, seagull swingfur Jamie Velasquez, had not yet been traded from Tennessee, despite their demands more than two weeks ago.

"God dammit," the raccoon muttered angrily. "What the hell is taking them so long? We should be getting set up in a new location by now, on your new team. The season starts in less than two months." His eyes squinted and his fist clenched. "They're milking it. Taking their sweet time... DAMN them." The coon banged his fist into the window sill, stirring both the seagulls outside and the one inside.

"Please, Mr. Morrison," Jamie Velasquez piped up, though almost at a whisper. "It's really not... that big a deal. Honestly."

The short raccoon growled slightly, his back still turned to Jamie. He seethed as he looked out the window, thinking about all the work he'd put in so far in the best interest of his client. All the tense phone conversations with Moonshiners GM Vinnie Verminus (who likely wasn't particularly fond of the mouthy agent), the carefully crafted public letter, all the pushing and posturing and behind-the-scenes big talk to get the seagull traded somewhere else. ANYWHERE, outside of Tennessee.

"Maybe... maybe we should call off the demand?" Jamie suggested, softly.

"I don't think so, Jamie," Morrison said as he turned to look over his shoulder at the seagull, who was sitting rather uncomfortably in a leather chair on the other side of the room. "We've come too far already to back down on our demands now."

"I'm not sure I'd say... 'demand'," the seagull spoke, in a near whisper. "More like... request?"

The stocky, pudgy coon rubbed his forehead with great agitation. "Jamie.... Jamie, Jamie, Jamie... darling. We HAVE to get you out of Tennessee. Away from that maniac of a general manager. Before he blows up the whole damn franchise!" Morrison walked towards the seagull, gesturing with his paws to support his point. "Remember how you felt, Jamie? He DISRESPECTED you. He traded ALL YOUR FRIENDS. He BLEW UP a goddamn CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM. You know you have to go."

Jamie didn't respond right away, instead diverting her gaze at the ground, as her agent got a little too worked up for her comfort. The raccoon didn't miss a beat though, approaching Jamie and gently placing his paw under her beak, lifting her head up to look at him. He spoke now with a quiet, calming voice to calm the seagull down.

"Jamie, sweetheart... listen. We talked about this already, right? Don't you know, down in your heart, that you don't trust this man?"

"Umm..." Jamie squeaked, timidly. "I... did say I was really hurt by the trades," she admitted.

"Then you know this is best for you, is it not?" The coon then flashed his trademark smile which helped earn him the nickname L.A. "I mean, you're MVP caliber, Baby! You're top notch! You're a damn FBA CHAMPION for God sakes! Don't you think you DESERVE to play for a team that looks out for its players? Don't you think you DESERVE to not have to worry about some screwball GM hitting the reset button on a championship contender? Don't you deserve RESPECT, Jamie? Of course you do!"

Jamie forced a grin at her demonstrative agent. "Well... yes, I do want to be respected. I do want to play for a winner. But I'm not entitled to anything like that. That would be like saying I'm better than the other players who are staying with the team..."

"That's because you ARE better, babydoll!" His smile beamed brighter than ever. "You have absolutely EARNED the right to play wherever you damn well want to!"

"But, I have a contract..."

"Contract-Shmontract. You're Jamie Velasquez. You are hands down... hands, paws, wings, whatever... one of the BEST DAMN PLAYERS in this whole LEAGUE! You HAVE to know that, right?" The raccoon was now pacing around the office, getting more and more animated in his presentation while the seagull stuttered and blushed.

"Well... um... I guess I..."

"And because you're one of the best if not THE best player in the game right now, there's not a single team out there that wouldn't LUNGE at the opportunity to acquire your services. EVERY SINGLE TEAM would cherish having you on their team. But the one team that does NOT cherish you, that does NOT respect you, that takes your talent for GRANTED... is Tennessee." He sauntered slowly back to the window, looking out at the street 4 stories below as he continued. "Otherwise, why would they trade the whole team out from under you and leave you to carry them basically on your own?"

Jamie didn't speak. She didn't have an answer. All she knew is that she didn't quite feel right about all this. Although it was true that she didn't feel comfortable with her GM's decisions right now, demanding a trade is something she never would have done on her own. It seemed though, that her agent was more than happy to stir the pot and do the ...less than nice things on her behalf. And he was also rather convincing.

Morrison looked out the window and sighed, noting Jamie's lack of response. "Look dear, you are a VERY talented player," he said, turning back to her. "And I'll be DAMNED if I'm gonna let you rot over there, sit through another rebuild, and with a guy who doesn't even seem to have a plan. You're 33 years old, Jamie. You're not gonna play forever. I understand you don't want to push any buttons, but a talent like yours DESERVES to play out her career competing for championships."

Jamie looked back up at her agent meekly. "Maybe... maybe he deserves a chance, too..."

The coon scowled and shook his head. "Baby, he had his chance. He had at least 3 chances, all in a row, and he blew them all. Teronura. Fisher. Monogoyak. They're all gone. No one's left but you, Barry, and the YMCA Scrubs."

Silence from the seagull.

"I promise, this is the best course of action," he continued, his soothing voice returning. "Seattle is interested. Newark has shown interest. Las Vegas... But we gotta stick to the plan if we want them to know we mean business." The short, grey coon shuffled over to put his paw on the seagull's shoulder, causing her to look up into his eyes as he spoke.

"Trust me, Jamie. I would never steer you wrong."

Jamie nodded softly, and a bit of a smirk formed on her beak. She believed the raccoon had her best interests at heart, but at how many people's expense did her "best interest" have to come?

Truthfully, she would just be happy for it to be over with. Maybe then she could sleep soundly again, finally.

"Come on, girl. Are ya with me?" the coon smiled and put his paw out, palm down, in front of Jamie. "All in for Team Velasquez! You in, baby? Come on, don't leave me hanging here!"

The seagull chuckled a bit, then placed her wing over her agent's outstretched paw. "One, two, three, JAMIE!" went the one-sided chant from the coon. And paw and wing rose into the air.

"Alright, YEAH! That's what I'm talkin' about!" the coon ranted and clapped excitedly. "Now let's get you put on the team you DESERVE!"

If only Jamie knew what it felt like to "deserve" something, maybe this wouldn't be so hard.
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Re: A Note From Jamie's Agent

Postby JTigerclaw » September 28th, 2014, 7:24 pm

[Short statement by Jamie's agent to wrap up loose ends]

9-16-14

With a transaction dated 9/14, Jamie Velasquez has been traded from the Tennessee Moonshiners to the Seattle Summit, therefore fulfilling a request made by Ms. Velasquez and myself, her agent, to Vinnie Verminus, the GM of the Moonshiners.

With this, I'd like to commemorate Mr. Verminus and thank him for his swift action in resolving this matter and doing what's best for my client. Ms. Velasquez is happy with her new situation. She and I would like to wish Mr. Verminus and the Moonshiners the best as they enter the 2014-15 FBA season with a new team eager to exceed expectations, which I believe they will.

Meanwhile, Ms. Velasquez is ready to give her all for her new team and is looking forward to pursuing an FBA championship. We both can't wait to get started.

-LAM
Player of:

Return to “Business Affairs”