Discussion

Plenty of players never got their chance to play on one of the main FBA teams, and here they mingle with unsigned veterans hoping to get called back to play.
Forum rules
Make sure to read the Rules of 'Roleplay'
Theodore Rockwell
Forum Rookie

Discussion

Postby Theodore Rockwell » May 29th, 2014, 10:21 am

Trivol sat at the cafe away from Explorer Stadium where he wouldn't be noticed by any of the players, GMs or agents. He kept his fedora and monocle in place, keeping his eye out for Kortni, Cassidy's older sister. The wolf sat quietly and thought carefully of what words to say to her so that she wouldn't get the wrong impression of his interests only being for her brother. He thought hard what to say to her when she came. He kept his golden orbs searching for the collie by with very little people hanging out in the cafe. He eyed his pocket-watch and sipped his black coffee as he waited patiently for her.

When she finally showed up, Kortni wasted no time cutting to the chase. After exchanging initial greetings, she seated herself and gave the wolf an even and direct gaze. "Now what's this all about?"

Trivol knew that this was her first question. Taking a deep breath, he looked into her eyes and spoke calmly. "I heard about what happened with you from Cassidy. It's just really saddens me to see you being mistreated like that. So I am offering you a chance to play with the FBA with me as your acting agent. I'll make sure that scouts from different teams come and see you play.”

Under the circumstances, Kortni had tried to mentally gird herself for anything. She wasn't quite ready for this, though, and her eyes involuntarily widened. Just for a moment, though. "Mr. Trivol...I have to say I don't know what to think. Don't misunderstand, I like to think it's not you. It's more that....I've been in the L once before. I've been around all kinds of scoundrels. I mean, some players have got people who have their back, and some don't. And I didn't a lot of the time, so my perspective is kind of colored by that."

"I see,” Trivol said, realizing that her situation was marred by her experience with other agents and unfortunately, turned out for the worst. He took a sip of his coffee before continuing. “Well, I'm certainly not one who will backstab you or mistreat you because of certain technicalities or issues. If I may assure you, I have studied the business of agents but what they do are rather... unethical and immoral practices. I, on the other hand, care about the person and do whatever is necessary to help their situation. I value more on the person and you Kortni are one of those people who has a strong influence, even on your little brother. That's saying a lot about you.”

Kortni remained silent, sensing that this was no ordinary agent she experienced in the past. She blushed and gave off a small grin. ”Well, thank you, sir. Cassidy is....I was six when he was born. But it seems like he was always around, you know? I can't imagine doing him wrong. I don't want to happen to him what happened to me sometimes. It's like, that's not even an option. I mean, there are some things in the L you have no control over. I get that. I'm not trying to be all control-freak on him. Or you. But I'm kind of morally obligated to be a screen for him, you know?”

"I understand totally, Kortni. You've been a good big sister and have set a good role model for him.” He crossed over his legs, placing the fedora on the table before resuming speaking again. “I'm sure he doesn't want to do anything that would put you in harm's way. That's what struck me about Cassidy. It’s that young fire he has inside. He plays from the heart, unlike other players I've seen here at the combine. His moves that I've seen are clearly driven towards one goal: to prove to the FBA that he's the best center and to represent the Whitelatch family. He wants to keep that fire burning. and prove the FBA that the Whitelatches got it. So, he strongly believes you have a lot to prove to the world.”

Kortni grinned. "Oh, he wants to represent, all right. As long as I can remember he's been like that. Even before he -could-, you know? Kid wanted to Be The Man when he was three years old, I tell you. He's got something to prove. And I feel very lucky to have a lil bro who feels that way about his big sis. ^^"

"Oh really now? That's something I didn't know haha!!" Trivol laughed and and took a sip of his coffee. "That kid has certainly got a lot of love for the family and isn't afraid to show it either. Really proud of him like I'm proud of Theo for what he's doing. He's been an inspiration to him I believe. It seems like Cassidy and Theo are brothers. They always play ball together. I like to see Theo happy like that.”

"Oh, Cassidy's been telling me about Theo,” she beamed and really loved talking about her little brother. “I'm glad they hit it off. He's very good at connecting with people. You know, he could be standin' there in the middle of the room doin' nothin', and suddenly he'll have a crowd. He's got that power, you know? It's the border collie thing, I suppose. 9u9"

"Haha, he sure does," Trivol grinned, smiling a bit, keeping his composure from laughter from Kortni's statement. "Theo has put him in every scrimmage game he organizes and he always invites him. Oh good times those are." Trivol gazed at her and sipped his coffee. "So, back to our point of discussion, I know you've been through the L before and have been mistreated. However, I assure you. I will protect those who try to backstab you and misuse you in any way. You have my word, Kortni. I know this is what Cassidy would want. I know this is what you want. And I'm the most reliable agent you'll find. I know this is quite the pressing matter to give some careful thought.”

As was her way, Kortni took about a minute before answering. "I do want to think this through. I've never made a snap decision as these things go, and I ain't about to start now. :]" She paused. "I want to use good faith on this. Cassidy speaks very highly of you. He just wondering what was up. You were being very persistent, sir."

"Oooh, I'm truly sorry for being so rude of me. Tell Cassidy I’m sorry as well. Didn’t mean to carry out my own ambitions. I’ve been a businessman and a chef for over 20 years, so the business side of me gets a little out of control. In any case, yes, you can tell him that this was something I wanted to talk to you about. I would happily take you in if you should gladly accept it. For now though, just tell him what we discussed here and I'm sure he'll be shocked by the news. Oh Kortni, could I buy you a drink for thanking you for meeting with me on a short notice?” He placed his fedora on top of his head and got up from the table, motioning her to follow him to the front counter.

Kortni's grin at that point had several shades of emotion fighting to control. "No, I don't mind at all! And...yes, I will take this up with him. Because... Just supposing I choose to accept? That could change things. But we'll have to see, you know? I -will- say, Mr. Trivol, that you seem a lot more genuine than some others I've run into."

“Of course, it’s clearly not in my nature to be such a scoundrel to those who have huge hearts. Also, nothing like a good family discussion regarding very important matters like this. If you ever need to reach me, you can reach me at @AgentTrivol. Ask questions you have or if you want to talk to me, I'm fine with that too. Oh, here we are, Kortni, get whatever you like." He said as he leaned against the counter with cash in hand ready to pay the barista.

After Kortni order what she wanted, she replied. "I do appreciate this, sir. I will get back to you about this."

Return to “Free Agency”