Universities (FCAA and non-affiliated)

Not everything about the FBA Universe has been documented yet on WikiFBA. And even if it is, this is the place to hold discussions about the world that these furries exist in.
Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner

Universities (FCAA and non-affiliated)

Postby Stefan Calico » May 23rd, 2014, 2:30 am

Muddypaws emailed me with a question about having the Universities of the FBA Universe given some sort of background. We all pretty much agree on Underwood College being a baller haven for underprivileged furs, but what other details would you like to see? And what of the other schools? It'd be a interesting project to throw out there for the entire community to take a college and develop it.

Thoughts?
Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner
2016-2017 Season

Pac
Taco Shack Owner

Re: Universities (FCAA and non-affiliated)

Postby Pac » May 23rd, 2014, 12:40 pm

these college logistics are kind of over my head, but what i think would help is having the individual wiki page for the various colleges (or at least the ones with multiple attendance) that tracks alumni, has general university info/history, and lists tracks college and player highlights and achievements.

i am usually extremely vague/general about representing the college and the role the player had in it in the character descriptions i write, leaving all the wiggle room needed for it to "fit" within the system without saying definitively "WE WON THIS CHAMPIONSHIP" or something like that (and also leaving the door open for others to insert their characters if need be).

tracking what a college has accomplished, what they're known for, and more importantly, what characters have attended it, during what time and what position, would help other folks be able to place their character within that school without worrying about conflicting information (ex: if zack tate was predtech's star center from this year to that year, someone else will know that it would be a conflict to insert their character as a star center for that school if their years overlap.) it would also help find a good fit for the kind of story you are trying to tell with your character (finding places they would fit in, or not fit in, etc.)

or something like that. again, i am so general with that kind of information, but i think tracking that info individually on the college's wiki pages (instead of trying to glean the necessary info from various wiki searches) would be helpful.

Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner

Postby Stefan Calico » May 23rd, 2014, 1:25 pm

Pac wrote:these college logistics are kind of over my head, but what i think would help is having the individual wiki page for the various colleges (or at least the ones with multiple attendance) that tracks alumni, has general university info/history, and lists tracks college and player highlights and achievements.

-snip-

tracking what a college has accomplished, what they're known for, and more importantly, what characters have attended it, during what time and what position, would help other folks be able to place their character within that school without worrying about conflicting information (ex: if zack tate was predtech's star center from this year to that year, someone else will know that it would be a conflict to insert their character as a star center for that school if their years overlap.) it would also help find a good fit for the kind of story you are trying to tell with your character (finding places they would fit in, or not fit in, etc.)

So something more general rather than detailed? The less work the better, really. :)

Some things to remember are that players have been known to declare for the draft early, and thus have not had a full four-year college career or even a degree. While we can certainly list alumni, it'd be up to the Creators to properly address the years of attendance.
Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner
2016-2017 Season

Pac
Taco Shack Owner

Postby Pac » May 23rd, 2014, 1:55 pm

yeah, alumn might not be the right term. essentially what i think would be helpful is a cheat sheet for the mos rudimentary info for established colleges (listing players who have attended, and what year they were drafted/signed on with the FBA). i suppose the creators/others can add to the college's over all history and details as they see fit, but the broad strokes could be useful to those looking to place their characters.

Return to “FBA Canon”