FBA Historical Draft Project

Not everything about the FBA Universe has been documented yet on WikiFBA. And even if it is, this is the place to hold discussions about the world that these furries exist in.
Anonymous13423
Forum Rookie

FBA Historical Draft Project

Postby Anonymous13423 » May 18th, 2014, 11:57 pm

So far, the historical FBA drafts have been documented up to only 2009, 2008 if you count Google Docs found in an obscure corner of the Internet. However, there's still a lot of players without information about exactly at what placement they were drafted, like Shane Rufus, Ryan Malone, Barton Rouge, Jamie Velasquez, Lance Cheval, Joey Cox, and so on and so forth. I think there's been a lot of previous talk about creating historical draft orders for the FBA drafts of previous years, but with the forums, I think we'd be able to have a place where we can publically discuss and decide on the draft orders of historical FBA drafts.

SamGwosdz
Forum Rookie

Re: FBA Historical Draft Project

Postby SamGwosdz » May 19th, 2014, 5:55 am

Anonymous13423 wrote:So far, the historical FBA drafts have been documented up to only 2009, 2008 if you count Google Docs found in an obscure corner of the Internet. However, there's still a lot of players without information about exactly at what placement they were drafted, like Shane Rufus, Ryan Malone, Barton Rouge, Jamie Velasquez, Lance Cheval, Joey Cox, and so on and so forth. I think there's been a lot of previous talk about creating historical draft orders for the FBA drafts of previous years, but with the forums, I think we'd be able to have a place where we can publically discuss and decide on the draft orders of historical FBA drafts.

I agree and this might be the place to do it. We can come to a consensus and record the progress as we go.

qovapryi
Forum Rookie

Postby qovapryi » May 19th, 2014, 6:21 am

Anonymous13423 wrote:So far, the historical FBA drafts have been documented up to only 2009, 2008 if you count Google Docs found in an obscure corner of the Internet. However, there's still a lot of players without information about exactly at what placement they were drafted, like Shane Rufus, Ryan Malone, Barton Rouge, Jamie Velasquez, Lance Cheval, Joey Cox, and so on and so forth. I think there's been a lot of previous talk about creating historical draft orders for the FBA drafts of previous years, but with the forums, I think we'd be able to have a place where we can publically discuss and decide on the draft orders of historical FBA drafts.

If you guys need it, this past winter I compiled a list of every player in the FBA sorted for draft year, with already filled spots for those characters whose draft position or round we already established.

Anonymous13423
Forum Rookie

Postby Anonymous13423 » May 19th, 2014, 1:38 pm

qovapryi wrote:

If you guys need it, this past winter I compiled a list of every player in the FBA sorted for draft year, with already filled spots for those characters whose draft position or round we already established.

That would be awesome Qovapryi! :D Do you think you could upload it on the forum?

qovapryi
Forum Rookie

Postby qovapryi » May 20th, 2014, 1:16 am

Anonymous13423 wrote:
qovapryi wrote:

That would be awesome Qovapryi! :D Do you think you could upload it on the forum?

I would, but it looks like this forum doesn't accept Excel files :(

Anonymous13423
Forum Rookie

Postby Anonymous13423 » May 20th, 2014, 1:17 am

qovapryi wrote:
Anonymous13423 wrote:That would be awesome Qovapryi! :D Do you think you could upload it on the forum?

I would, but it looks like this forum doesn't accept Excel files :(

Maybe you could upload it on Google Docs and post a link to the file?

Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner

Postby Stefan Calico » May 20th, 2014, 1:29 am

Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner
2016-2017 Season

Anonymous13423
Forum Rookie

Postby Anonymous13423 » May 20th, 2014, 1:36 am

Stevie Maxwell wrote:Would this help?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... web#gid=16

Thanks a whole lot Stevie!

qovapryi
Forum Rookie

Postby qovapryi » May 20th, 2014, 2:56 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8d9an ... sp=sharing

Hope it works, first time I'm doing it!

Anonymous13423
Forum Rookie

Postby Anonymous13423 » May 20th, 2014, 4:59 am

qovapryi wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8d9ancrUQNfRlRxRGNmcHh0YlU/edit?usp=sharing

Hope it works, first time I'm doing it!

Thanks a lot Qovapryi!

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » May 20th, 2014, 7:38 pm

That is super helpful! :D

Is there any rhyme or reason to placing the remaining names? Is there a way we can make an educated guess on what teams would be picking when at least, then place the players according to that?
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

admin
FBA Administrator

Postby admin » May 20th, 2014, 10:09 pm

JTigerclaw wrote:Is there any rhyme or reason to placing the remaining names? Is there a way we can make an educated guess on what teams would be picking when at least, then place the players according to that?

There is, but I think the best way to move forward on this is to ignore it! Just be fearless! Go in there and start placing furries, and if there's a mixup down the road, we'll fix it later.

A lot of the hesitation in building up the history of the FBA has been from this caution. We need to get back to our old roots when we just made up whatever. :)

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » May 22nd, 2014, 12:13 am

bhopper wrote:
JTigerclaw wrote:Is there any rhyme or reason to placing the remaining names? Is there a way we can make an educated guess on what teams would be picking when at least, then place the players according to that?

There is, but I think the best way to move forward on this is to ignore it! Just be fearless! Go in there and start placing furries, and if there's a mixup down the road, we'll fix it later.

A lot of the hesitation in building up the history of the FBA has been from this caution. We need to get back to our old roots when we just made up whatever. :)

Sounds like a plan! I'll see what I can do! ^^
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

qovapryi
Forum Rookie

Postby qovapryi » May 22nd, 2014, 10:48 pm

Think everybody interested should take a year and rank its players (based on their later success, but assuming the existence of busts and steals), then as a community we should look at it and fix it if we think that something's wrong. Might be the best and quickest way to go through with this.

Return to “FBA Canon”