A modest farewell

Characters need to take a break from acting every so often. Here's where you'll find them hanging out. Just watch out for the fanfics.
Nasuella
Forum Rookie

A modest farewell

Postby Nasuella » April 23rd, 2017, 5:28 pm

I don't want to make a big deal of it, so I'll keep this brief.

I've been contributing to the FBA for a long time; I was following as early as the 2009-2010 season, and submitted my first characters the following one. I was indirectly responsible for the characters having in-character Twitter accounts, as I was the first one to write in-character tweets (albeit not on a real account). I've contributed worldbuilding stuff here and there, and I created Saga Ström.

There. Those are my accomplishments in the FBA.

I enjoyed it, for a time. Truth be told, I have never had any passion for sports. Even after 7-8 seasons, I still couldn't tell you how to play basketball or what the lowest-ranking team in the NBA is. My interest was sustained purely by character interactions and the stories they were in.

In recent times, that interest quietly died. Between real-life issues that have to take priority, my gaining other interests, and the never-ending drama of the FBA, characters and stories just weren't enough to sustain it anymore. That's why I went on indefinite hiatus.

And in reference to the never-ending drama, that's why I'm leaving. When it feels like you have a 50-50 shot of entering the chatroom to find yet another heated argument over the same goddamned 5 subjects, you're afraid of voicing your character's real opinions for fear of OOC backlash, and the drama's driven a lot of people away from the project, it doesn't feel worth sticking around. Especially not with all of my mental health issues. It feels like stress I don't need.

I'll keep in contact with some folks from here, so I won't just vanish off the internet. I'll be working on some other projects as well; already I'm planning something which stars a character who's Saga Ström in all but name.

All I ask is that you do some serious self-evaluation. To me, the writing's on the wall: the FBA's well past its glory days, and it can't be reasonably sustained for much longer. Is it worth continuing the project?

I'll bow out while you think about it.

See you around, maybe.

--Nasuella the Blue Coati

Return to “The Water Cooler”