North American Furry Rugby League (would like input)

Characters need to take a break from acting every so often. Here's where you'll find them hanging out. Just watch out for the fanfics.
Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

North American Furry Rugby League (would like input)

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » September 30th, 2015, 4:06 pm

I'm putting this out for all to know that I am thinking of starting up a Furry Rugby league within the FBA universe, as it stands now I have a rough idea of what I am going for. Currently the idea would be that the League is North American based with teams in both he US and Canada. The teams will be divided into Eastern and Western Conferences, Divisions will come later if there is a need for it but at start its just east west. Teams will be open to international players as well as the League like the FBA will be Co-Ed. As it stands I am thinking of having this run from late Spring to early Fall with the playoffs being before the end of September. As I said this is all an Idea and I would like input for possible rules in regards to player creation and the like. As well as tips for how to try and run this.
Last edited by Keitaro Kurosaki on October 4th, 2015, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeCr3ature
Forum Rookie

Re: Possible Idea for another sports league (would like inpu

Postby DeCr3ature » September 30th, 2015, 4:18 pm

Have you played Rugby in real life before? Are you a fanatic about rugby? If not, you need some one who is at least one of these two things.

Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » September 30th, 2015, 4:25 pm

DeCr3ature wrote:Have you played Rugby in real life before? Are you a fanatic about rugby? If not, you need some one who is at least one of these two things.
I have Played Rubgy so I now the rules and I do follow the international Rugby Union as closely as I can.

IllaRouge
Forum Prospect

Postby IllaRouge » October 1st, 2015, 9:13 am

What would be the purpose of setting it in the FBA universe? How would they interact?

Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » October 1st, 2015, 10:54 am

IllaRouge wrote:What would be the purpose of setting it in the FBA universe? How would they interact?

Well it would allow for stories to cross over between the leagues as well as characters in the FBA could have relationships with members of the Rugby League as well as some of the corporate owned teams my also have ownership in the new league to help them collect more. But ideally I want it to help inspire stories and other things.

Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

Re: North American Furry Rugby League (would like input)

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » October 4th, 2015, 1:13 pm

With some Help form Misharu, these are the 16 cities I'd like to use for the inaugural season. I can craft two of these teams on my own as I live about 20 Miles from Worcester and had plans for Halifax, beyond those two cities I am open to changes to the list, Volunteers that want to try and form a team there as well as possible athletes to play in the league.

Eastern Con;
North:
Halifax
Montreal
Milwaukee
Worcester

South:
Nassau
New Orleans
Memphis
Charlotte

Western Con;
North:
Vancouver
Calgary
Portland
Salt Lake City

South:
Oklahoma City
San Francisco
Phoenix
El Paso

Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » October 6th, 2015, 4:29 pm

Keitaro Kurosaki wrote:With some Help form Misharu, these are the 16 cities I'd like to use for the inaugural season. I can craft two of these teams on my own as I live about 20 Miles from Worcester and had plans for Halifax, beyond those two cities I am open to changes to the list, Volunteers that want to try and form a team there as well as possible athletes to play in the league.

Eastern Con;
North:
Halifax
Montreal
Milwaukee
Worcester

South:
Nassau
New Orleans
Memphis
Charlotte

Western Con;
North:
Vancouver
Calgary
Portland
Salt Lake City

South:
Oklahoma City
San Francisco
Phoenix
El Paso

Ok some changes to the plan these cities El Paso, Portland, Memphis, and Maybe Milwaukee are eliminated as I picked too many to run games for myself also moving Montreal to Quebec City.

Bryan Shadowolf
Forum Rookie

Postby Bryan Shadowolf » October 8th, 2015, 12:59 am

I can help you out but first I'm going to need to now what rules are you using? Rugby Union or Rugby League? Ex: Rugby Union is Super Rugby, ITM Cup, Rugby World Cup etc. and Rugby League is NRL, Super League, Rugby League World Cup, etc. Both have subtle rule differences. Ex: Rugby League has a tackle count smiler to American Football while Rugby Union does not.

Also if you are attempting a league based around Rugby, It might be better to put it somewhere it has popularity like Australia (Rugby League), New Zealand (Both as it's kinda their national sport) & the UK (Rugby Union). North America is great and all but I've got two points to how it might not work if it was set in North America.

1. There are currently 4 leagues based in North America (FBA, UFFL, FHL & FLB.), While there's only one league based outside North America (FAFL). Other continents need some love too! All the leagues can't be based in North America.

2. Rugby Union & Rugby League are nowhere near as popular as American Football, Basketball, Hockey, or Baseball in North America. You wouldn't get a lot of support from North American as it's not a big sport there, Most of your support would be from places like Australia, The UK, France, South Africa & Especially New Zealand and I don't think a lot of those people would want to have the big professional league in North America as it wouldn't be believable. It would be more believable if you based it somewhere like The UK (Rugby Union is popular in certain areas in the country, Same as Rugby League) or Australia & New Zealand! (Rugby League is the second biggest winter sport in Australia, behind Australian Football and Rugby Union is not far behind. Plus Rugby is essentially New Zealand's national sport! It doesn't matter if it League or Union, They'll be ready to support it!)

I think you've got a good idea and now is especially the best time to start it as the NRL & Super League seasons have finished, But I do believe there are a few flaws that might hinder it getting off the ground. I hope this input will help you.

Bryan Shadowolf,
FAFL Commissioner.

Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » October 8th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Bryan Shadowolf wrote:I can help you out but first I'm going to need to now what rules are you using? Rugby Union or Rugby League? Ex: Rugby Union is Super Rugby, ITM Cup, Rugby World Cup etc. and Rugby League is NRL, Super League, Rugby League World Cup, etc. Both have subtle rule differences. Ex: Rugby League has a tackle count smiler to American Football while Rugby Union does not.

Also if you are attempting a league based around Rugby, It might be better to put it somewhere it has popularity like Australia (Rugby League), New Zealand (Both as it's kinda their national sport) & the UK (Rugby Union). North America is great and all but I've got two points to how it might not work if it was set in North America.

1. There are currently 4 leagues based in North America (FBA, UFFL, FHL & FLB.), While there's only one league based outside North America (FAFL). Other continents need some love too! All the leagues can't be based in North America.

2. Rugby Union & Rugby League are nowhere near as popular as American Football, Basketball, Hockey, or Baseball in North America. You wouldn't get a lot of support from North American as it's not a big sport there, Most of your support would be from places like Australia, The UK, France, South Africa & Especially New Zealand and I don't think a lot of those people would want to have the big professional league in North America as it wouldn't be believable. It would be more believable if you based it somewhere like The UK (Rugby Union is popular in certain areas in the country, Same as Rugby League) or Australia & New Zealand! (Rugby League is the second biggest winter sport in Australia, behind Australian Football and Rugby Union is not far behind. Plus Rugby is essentially New Zealand's national sport! It doesn't matter if it League or Union, They'll be ready to support it!)

I think you've got a good idea and now is especially the best time to start it as the NRL & Super League seasons have finished, But I do believe there are a few flaws that might hinder it getting off the ground. I hope this input will help you.

Bryan Shadowolf,
FAFL Commissioner.

I am more than likely to change the League part to Association or something to that effect, as I will be using Union rules as most sims are set up for Union rules. I had thought about it being international but it also makes me wonder about flight times and how burnt out players could be from flying so that is why I'm keeping it locked to one part of the world. I also would have to figure out ideas for what kind of teams, the NA Union would be open to international players that may have not made their world union teams and want to show they can play hard. If I had the time I would have done this as an international union, but its a time thing for me given I work about 40+ a week.

Bryan Shadowolf
Forum Rookie

Postby Bryan Shadowolf » October 8th, 2015, 4:33 pm

Keitaro Kurosaki wrote:
Bryan Shadowolf wrote:I can help you out but first I'm going to need to now what rules are you using? Rugby Union or Rugby League? Ex: Rugby Union is Super Rugby, ITM Cup, Rugby World Cup etc. and Rugby League is NRL, Super League, Rugby League World Cup, etc. Both have subtle rule differences. Ex: Rugby League has a tackle count smiler to American Football while Rugby Union does not.

Bryan Shadowolf,
FAFL Commissioner.

I am more than likely to change the League part to Association or something to that effect, as I will be using Union rules as most sims are set up for Union rules. I had thought about it being international but it also makes me wonder about flight times and how burnt out players could be from flying so that is why I'm keeping it locked to one part of the world. I also would have to figure out ideas for what kind of teams, the NA Union would be open to international players that may have not made their world union teams and want to show they can play hard. If I had the time I would have done this as an international union, but its a time thing for me given I work about 40+ a week.

What I'm saying is it might be abit better if this league was based somewhere like Australia & New Zealand or The UK instead of North America as it's more popular in those two regions. It's like if i based the FAFL in North America, There isn't a big audience for Australian Football in North America and the people who would follow it would rather have teams in Australia instead! I'm sorry if you take offence with what I have to say but I just think it would be better if this was based somewhere else, That's all. :|

P.S I personally think there's more of an audience for Rugby League than Rugby Union but Good Luck!

Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » October 11th, 2015, 6:06 am

Bryan Shadowolf wrote:What I'm saying is it might be abit better if this league was based somewhere like Australia & New Zealand or The UK instead of North America as it's more popular in those two regions. It's like if i based the FAFL in North America, There isn't a big audience for Australian Football in North America and the people who would follow it would rather have teams in Australia instead! I'm sorry if you take offence with what I have to say but I just think it would be better if this was based somewhere else, That's all. :|

P.S I personally think there's more of an audience for Rugby League than Rugby Union but Good Luck!

Actually here in the US if Rugby is shown on tv its Union as that is where the All blacks play.

Also I have made team names for these cities
Halifax Cannoneers
New Orleans Dominoes
San Francisco Wardens
Phoenix Firehawks
Calgary Stampede

Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » October 20th, 2015, 10:36 am

Ok Update to the last update I have removed the Stampede as the team name for Calgary mainly because it could get me in trouble as there is a Real life event called that so Will retool that, but here are the teams again with a few more filled in.

Eastern Con;
North:
Halifax Cannoneers
Quebec City Bleu ET Blanc (MartineauQC)
Worcester Arsenal

South:
Nassau Corsairs
New Orleans Dominoes
Charlotte Monarch (Paulshep)

Western Con;
North:
Vancouver Cascades (Hoomiku)
Calgary Rustlers (Kinto)
Salt Lake Pioneers

South:
Oklahoma City Sandstorms (Fadedforest)
San Francisco Wardens
Phoenix Firehawks

Also I have come up with the idea that the Commissioner for this will be a Female seal (thinking either Spotted or Harbor)

Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » October 26th, 2015, 2:37 pm

Making the ooc Announcement here that the NAFRU will be starting its first season this coming april if anyone wants to help craft logos, GMs, Players and Coaches contact me here or at Gfawkes77 on slack

also the commissioner has a Twitter account that I will periodically update here @nafrua on twitter.

Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » November 19th, 2015, 4:46 am

Hey guys I could use some help with coming up with team logo and what team colors should be, the only team that I have a lock on is the Cannoneers as they are my personal team.

Team needing Logos
Quebec City
Worcester
Nassau
New Orleans
Charlotte
Vancouver
Calgary
Salt Lake
Oklahoma City
San Francisco
Phoenix

Keitaro Kurosaki
Forum Rookie

Postby Keitaro Kurosaki » January 14th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Working on team Colors for uniforms

Eastern Con;
North:
Halifax Cannoneers Colors “Blue, white, goldenrod, red”
Quebec City Bleu ET Blanc (MartineauQC) ‘Blue and White’
Worcester Arsenal

South:
Nassau Corsairs 'Black, White, Red'
New Orleans Harlequins 'Purple, Green, Gold'
Charlotte Monarch (Paulshep) 'Blue, Royal Purple, Gold'

Western Con;
North:
Vancouver Cascades (Hoomiku) Ocean blue, Forest Green and Snow white
Calgary Rustlers (Kinto) ‘Red and White’
Salt Lake Pioneers

South:
Oklahoma City Sandstorms (Fadedforest)
San Francisco Wardens
Phoenix Firehawks ‘Red Orange and black’

(Edit-Renamed Dominoes to the Harlequins, Added colors to New Orleans, Nassau, Charlotte.)

Return to “The Water Cooler”