DCrest NBA Sketch Giveaway contest! *ENDED!*

If you need help with your visual art or struggling with software, here's the place.
dcrest13
Forum Rookie

DCrest NBA Sketch Giveaway contest! *ENDED!*

Postby dcrest13 » April 21st, 2015, 6:17 pm

After nearly a year of participating in the FBA, being creative and collaborating with all of you, I've decided to give a little something back to all of you who've put up with my BS... :D

I would like to provide a free drawing by my friend and artist Shenanigan in a similar sketch style to this picture of my agent character William King:

I've decided to make this a bit of a contest because, well I need a little help in selecting who gets the sketch! So it will be up to a vote by you, the contributors to the FBA.

In this thread, please list a name of the contributor to the FBA, whether that be behind the scenes or "on the court." As well as their name, character(s) and please give a sentence or two for description as to why you think this person should get the sketch. This can be participation based as well as RL issues where a sketch could cheer a person up.

Here are some rules:

1)No voting for yourself: I want a good look at who desreves its the most. Selfishness kinda kills the reason. :P

2)One person, one vote.

3)In case of a tie: I will assign a some sort of number identification (even/odds, etc.) and use a number generator in order to determine a winner.

4)Rules subject to change deepending on loopholes. ;c

Contest ends on April 30th. Whoever wins, I will contact to see which FBA character they would like drawn, as well as a brief description of what they would like, and I will relay the details to Shenanigan (since this is on my dime.) Any changes required I will see if Shenanigan can do it, but please speak to me first!! CB>

-DCrest13

(P.S. If this contest is not kosher, or if this in the inappropriate forum, please move or let me know!)
Last edited by dcrest13 on April 30th, 2015, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KevinMalka
Forum Veteran

Re: DCrest NBA Sketch Giveaway contest! April 21-30! Vote He

Postby KevinMalka » April 21st, 2015, 6:30 pm

Honestly, there are so many people here that kinda deserve to win this, but I have to narrow my vote to one.

I mean, there's all those guys behind the scenes. Stevie, Wen, Paul, the rest of the committee. The guys who keep this system moving forwards. There's 919 and his amazing leadership behind taking up the Hoop. There those like Q who have been very hardworking and dedicated in getting the history of the league onto the wiki, as well as taking on abandoned characters to try and give them life. There's Ada and Pac and the rest of our amazing artists, who so rarely get art of their characters that they don't draw themselves, because they are so busy trying to deal with both life and drawing others characters.

Ugh, i don't know who to vote for! XC

Theodore Rockwell
Forum Rookie

Postby Theodore Rockwell » April 21st, 2015, 6:35 pm

I clearly do not know! D= There are so many people that deserve a free sketch... >.> Stevie and Wen put in a lot of work just to make sure the FBA is running well. Also, I think that Buck deserves some art as well due to his fun voice recording sessions and CSLs. There are a lot of other people as well.

THE MAIN GUY that deserves it though is Madworld... His idea for The Hoop is just too good! Consolidates every story, artwork, etc into one convenient without having to look for them on FA, the Wiki, and the forum. Everything can be found in one place, which makes it easy for newcomers to go "OH, this is what's happening in the FBA." He deserves TEN of my votes, though it's only one :P. Anyway, that would be why he should deserve it.

Harlow
Forum Veteran

Postby Harlow » April 21st, 2015, 6:41 pm

Of course it's hard to decide, I come to respect and like all of you crazymofos who work hard on this...

Having said that, a choice's a choice, and I feel this one guy deserves this token. Great amount of work he given recently

Voting for MadWorld, mastermind of the Hoop
Last edited by Harlow on April 21st, 2015, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arterian
Forum Rookie

Postby Arterian » April 21st, 2015, 6:42 pm

Madworld919

Because he came into the FBA from the UFFL, had a great attitude about it, friendly and wanting to work with others, talk and discuss. He took on the task of managing the Bikers early on and later, using his editing skills and recruiting two other FBA members, he's organized what is probably one of the coolest things to happen in the FBA as of late: The Hoop Magazine.

A compilation of all the happenings and big things going on in the League at the time. Containing people's stories, their art, capsules, even the tweets. Its an absolutely amazing way to see all the separate work we all put into this project, put together in one publication. it benefits everyone, looks great, the idea itself is cool as hell.

That's why he has my vote.

itsamadworld919
Forum Rookie

Postby itsamadworld919 » April 21st, 2015, 8:33 pm

You people are too nice! :D

Several members of the committee deserve something as well.

Throwing in my vote for Stevie - he's been so busy as commish that he hasn't had much of a chance to be creative this year and write like he used to. and also, 80 FBA engine slave-labor dates later (honestly we don't know what he goes through to get us those results, I'm sure its frustrating some times!) getting something back in return would be a great TY for him.

Pac
Taco Shack Owner

Postby Pac » April 21st, 2015, 9:14 pm

mige. they've been continuting a lot behind the scenes, crunching a lot of the data we all look at, and their characters could use some exposure.

Wendingo
Forum Rookie

Postby Wendingo » April 22nd, 2015, 5:39 am

Stevie's Anthony Rios or Ricardo Rodrigues

He's put out nearly 1000 games at this point (counting preseason.) and he still has about 200 more to go. That's insane.
Player for Dylan Redfield, Jake Turner, GM of the Albany Alphas.

JWolfman
Forum Veteran

Postby JWolfman » April 22nd, 2015, 8:42 pm

Hmm... I vote for Stevie. He has done a lot of work on the games and updating the Wiki page and doing all those FBA transactions to make them official.
Narkissa Kassius (TAL) - Akako Tsubasa (LOR) - Adam Tevela (QNS) - Yesina Selas (SAS) - Brad Pullman (TXS) - Shanice Alveres (FA) - Xavier Saffiren (WPG) - Greg Saffiren (WPG)

Kinto
Forum Rookie

Postby Kinto » April 25th, 2015, 9:17 am

Narrowed it down to five, and then couldn't decide. So I rolled a die, and it told me Anonymous13423. He's got a handful of characters - Lee Jin-Sung, Anton Schumacher come to mind - and so few of them have art, and he's done great work as a coach and a GM.

qovapryi
Forum Rookie

Postby qovapryi » April 26th, 2015, 5:55 am

My vote is for our resident Commissioner and game-rolling master Stevie Maxwell.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your patience and dedition, Steebs.

admin
FBA Administrator

Postby admin » April 26th, 2015, 1:40 pm

Not an easy call at all, but I'm going to say Triangle Pascal's character Hiroyuki Matsuura.

3-Pointer may have pulled back from his participation levels this season, but we're still seeing the benefits of this contributions to the project. As well as being a great writer, he stepped up to be an involved committee member. And I can say personally, he was enormous in helping me step down from the commissioner's seat and bring the FBA back to the project that we enjoy today. Also, his character really could use some more art, especially with how well the Howlers have done this year!

Gustavo
Forum Rookie

Postby Gustavo » April 28th, 2015, 5:27 pm

Madworld919

MartineauQC
Forum Rookie

Postby MartineauQC » April 28th, 2015, 5:57 pm

Bune!!

kresblain
Forum Prospect

Postby kresblain » April 29th, 2015, 1:18 pm

Adi's got my vote. :D

BetsieT
Forum Rookie

Postby BetsieT » April 29th, 2015, 5:30 pm

After some pondering, and knowing there are LOTS of people in the FBA that deserve a little extra appreciation, I'd like to vote for Wendingo. He works so hard, takes our questions and complaints, and puts up with a lot of bull alongside Steebs and the committee. And he just doesn't get enough appreciation in my opinion.
Player of: Barnaby Jazz - Wilmer Grehr - Ahti Nereus - Treshaun Carnell

TrianglePascal
Professional Spike Trap

Postby TrianglePascal » April 29th, 2015, 7:15 pm

Lots and lots and lots of people deserve something like this. My vote's for Mige.

Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner

Postby Stefan Calico » April 30th, 2015, 8:42 pm

I see there's a tie, so I'm going to break it by voting for Madworld.
Stefan Calico
FBA Commissioner
2016-2017 Season

dcrest13
Forum Rookie

Re: DCrest NBA Sketch Giveaway contest! *ENDED!*

Postby dcrest13 » April 30th, 2015, 10:58 pm

The giveaway has ended! The nomination has gone to Madworld919! Congratulations!

Stevie gets the sportsmanship award for this one!

I'll be contacting Mad and seeing what he'd like!

And thanks for everybody who nominated a FBA member! I'm sure they appreciate it as much as I do!

-DCrest

Return to “Artists' Workshop”