Kevin's apology

Whether you're looking for critique on an upcoming story or stumped for ideas, this is where you can go to get through that block.
KevinMalka
Forum Veteran

Kevin's apology

Postby KevinMalka » May 28th, 2014, 10:53 pm

So, uh, things happened on Twitter on Wednesday and I let a BIT too much of my own anger at myself slip into Kevin. Given how long I've been doing RP for (although not as long as some of you), I'm a bit embarrassed that I let that happen.

Either way, Kevin's not going to purge the tweets, that would be like trying to pretend that it didn't happen. However, he is going to issue a public apology for his behaviour sometime tomorrow morning/afternoon.

And, personally, I would appreciate some feedback on the apology, which will be a normal tweet followed by the twitlonger tweet.

So, without further ado:

I don't want to spam everyone's inboxes, so I'm using TwitLonger for my full apology.

I would like to sincerely apologize to every player and GM who watched my actions yesterday. I was upset over not making the top 24, and then I got my results back from the Ironfur. They were . . . not impressive, and I'm ashamed to say that I greatly over-reacted and looked down upon myself.

I should not have focused on my ranking, bringing it up even while congratulating others. I played my heart out at the combine. And so did everyone else. Every single person earned their spots in the top 24, as well as their rankings in the Ironfur. I may wish that I had been selected for the top 24, like a few of my friends were, but I can only play my best, and I can only be me.

And what I am is an awesome defensive Power Forward. And, yes, there are other defensive PFs in this draft selection. Some taller, some my size, and most lighter. Yes, I am slower, but I'm a wall. If someone's charging at me, there's now way they are knocking me down. They will get the foul, and we will get the point.

But, all I can do is apologize for yesterday and ask for forgiveness. Especially from my agent, Trivol, whom I have now let down twice in a single day.

I would ask, please, give me a second chance. Don't write me off just because I didn't make the top 24. Let me prove to you that I can be an asset to you team, and that I'm one of the best, if not the best, defensive Power Forwards in the draft.

admin
FBA Administrator

Re: Kevin's apology

Postby admin » May 29th, 2014, 7:59 am

Don't feel too bad. You're far from the first person to let his real life anger show in his FBA character. A little bit of that is good, because it means you're invested in the game. And I appreciate that. It's just important to remember that what we're doing is fantasy. Now that your character isn't in the Top 24, won't it be that much more exciting when he's selected?

It's a good apology, well written and sincere. Do you want this to be canon? FBA policy is that Twitter messages are not canon unless they're posted here on the forum or on WikiFBA, so you have the opportunity to just let this slide.

KevinMalka
Forum Veteran

Re: Kevin's apology

Postby KevinMalka » May 29th, 2014, 10:11 am

I will admit that I actually didn't know that that was FBA policy. Up until this point I've been kinda treating everything that occurred on twitter as canon for Kevin. It's interesting to note that it is not. As for whether I'm going to end up making this canon, well, I honestly do not know. I've been slowly, and I repeat the word slowly, working my way through writing up Kevin's experiences at the combine. When it gets up to Wednesday, I may exclude him mentioning his terrible rankings all the time, and thus the apology afterwords, but he's still probably going to have a second breakdown at home.

Return to “Writers' Workshop”