TXS Draft Camp.

Whether you're looking for critique on an upcoming story or stumped for ideas, this is where you can go to get through that block.
Fraddas
Forum Rookie

TXS Draft Camp.

Postby Fraddas » May 25th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Been thinking about this since the combine started, and I mentioned this in the committee meeting earlier, but I was thinking on hosting a lil something in TXS for...well I guess Everyone. Draft candidate hopeful's and maybe current players not in the playoffs.

My Idea is a week long Combine meets summer camp. just a solid week (7 days) 7 groups of X , doing a different activity each day like one group doing a dunk contest and another group learning about what goes on in a team office, while another team does this and that. those are just some examples I may use, and it'll be done in random daily rotations. Each event will be headed by a player who's been in the league for a year or more (Yes Travis Buckner or Marcus knight would count). and will be keeping tabs on the teams progress and at the end the group has excelled in the 7 events gets an award.

Few personal Notes:

I'd really like to be cannon, meaning I'd like some help in running it and if anyone has idea's, suggestions or would like to help in anyway then I welcome it with open arms. and if this works out I may do it again next year!

What goes on at this "Draft Camp" Will NOT reflect player ability. meaning what your Draft Character does will not reflect there actual performance. Like say Jake Turner Jake turner nailed 9/10 free throws. might not happen if he's drafted to a team and plays during the season. Again no reflection of abilities, this is just for FUN.

Again I'm open to suggestions and questions from anyone who is willing to participate in this. i'm already cooking up a few ways to run it, but like I said I could use any Idea's and would love imput from folks on what ever you might want to have happen with your character during an event (within reason; IE no asking for your character to be sent to the hospital for a heat stroke or something of that nature.)

I'm aiming for the event to happen in about 2-3 weeks depending on replies and imput and who all's interested.

ok enough of my babble lets hear imputs!
Also if you'd like your draft candidate to be a part of it leave a reply too.

Darkwolf
Forum Prospect

Re: TXS Draft Camp.

Postby Darkwolf » May 25th, 2014, 10:06 pm

I'd love to help out with this. Count Damian Williams in. I'd say maybe run it as a rookie mini-camp. Bring in players, have them learn about what it takes to be in the game, have some legends show up. It could be fun.
Last edited by Darkwolf on May 26th, 2014, 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fraddas
Forum Rookie

Postby Fraddas » May 25th, 2014, 10:27 pm

Cewl, does Damian have a twitter account?

KevinMalka
Forum Veteran

Postby KevinMalka » May 25th, 2014, 10:44 pm

I wish I could help out, but, alas, I can not, as this is my first year doing things in the FBA.

However, my draft candidate would LOVE to attend. Anything to get him out and playing with the best over the summer.

Fraddas
Forum Rookie

Postby Fraddas » May 25th, 2014, 11:03 pm

KevinMalka wrote:However, my draft candidate would LOVE to attend. Anything to get him out and playing with the best over the summer.

Who's your Draft candidate? i'll add em to my list.

KevinMalka
Forum Veteran

Postby KevinMalka » May 25th, 2014, 11:21 pm

It's Kevin Malka. The friendly 'little' pangolin who just never shuts up.

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » May 25th, 2014, 11:43 pm

My character, Mikaylah Marley, will participate! Sounds like fun, and if it gives more chances for exposure and networking for the character, then it's definitely worth attending! :)

Right at this moment I don't have additional ideas, but if you'd like, I can try to help you come up with a way to organize the events a bit later. You're thinking 7 main events over 7 days, with 7 "teams" of players rotating to a different event each day? Is that the basic gist of it?
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

Darkwolf
Forum Prospect

Postby Darkwolf » May 26th, 2014, 12:02 am

Damian doesn't have a Twitter. Doesn't fit the character. I'll also toss Cassidy Whitelatch into this. @CWhitelatch.

gideonwebb
Forum Prospect

Postby gideonwebb » May 26th, 2014, 6:02 am

You can count me in. Jerome will be there. Keep in mind that LVG is doing something from the 20th to the 23rd of June. I would also have draftees see what goes behind the scenes and not just on the court; have them learn what the staff, vendors, and even janitors do for the franchise. Make them learn about what all goes into the process, and not just exercise.

Raleigh P.
Forum Rookie

Postby Raleigh P. » May 26th, 2014, 12:03 pm

My candidate, Roni Fulton, would love to join in. Sounds like a good way to get exposure while having fun!

Ratiphex
Forum Rookie

Postby Ratiphex » May 26th, 2014, 8:13 pm

I'd like to include Edwin Griega in this.

Fraddas
Forum Rookie

Postby Fraddas » May 26th, 2014, 8:28 pm

just confirming I got everyone who's commented on my spreadsheet so far.

JWolfman
Forum Veteran

Postby JWolfman » May 26th, 2014, 9:40 pm

Hmm. I honestly won't mind if Adam Tevela can be invited there.
Narkissa Kassius (TAL) - Akako Tsubasa (LOR) - Adam Tevela (QNS) - Yesina Selas (SAS) - Brad Pullman (TXS) - Shanice Alveres (FA) - Xavier Saffiren (WPG) - Greg Saffiren (WPG)

Pac
Taco Shack Owner

Postby Pac » May 26th, 2014, 11:58 pm

got room for either of my four? (casey rucks, kina kong, trent mosley or chrsitiaan hengst)

Fraddas
Forum Rookie

Postby Fraddas » May 27th, 2014, 10:10 am

Pac wrote:got room for either of my four? (casey rucks, kina kong, trent mosley or chrsitiaan hengst)

lots of room and I so want to give your icon a hug!!! tooo cute!!!!

Tazel
Forum Rookie

Postby Tazel » May 27th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Fraddas wrote:...Each event will be headed by a player who's been in the league for a year or more (Yes Travis Buckner or Marcus knight would count)...

Travis would have no problem helping out, as long as it was after his home visit (going to spend Father's day in Wichita). But the rookies haven't really been in the league for a year. Maybe if it was 'Anyone active in the 2013 season', instead?

T6
Player/Creator of:
Tazel Tawner (Ex-TAL Coach); Travis Buckner (TXS); Francis DeLaroux (WPG); Aurora Goldshine (HWI); Brad Pullman (TAL); Hank Sawyer (TEN); Kelly Sprach (BGR); Gorge Pappamalous (LOR)

Anonymous13423
Forum Rookie

Postby Anonymous13423 » May 28th, 2014, 9:27 pm

Would there still be room for my character Lee Jin-Sung to attend the camp?

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » June 4th, 2014, 5:25 pm

Just to clarify here what I saw on Twitter, this event has been cancelled, correct?

TEXloneStars: I should announce now i've decided to Cancel the Lone Star Draft Camp. too much going on to host it this month. but we will host something at a later to be determined time.
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Fraddas
Forum Rookie

Postby Fraddas » June 4th, 2014, 6:27 pm

Correct JT and everyone. Too much stuff going on with playoffs and other teams having there own thing for the draftees. not this month.

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » June 4th, 2014, 7:15 pm

That's quite alright though. It really is a lot of stuff. Still, if Texas does host a camp eventually, it will have plenty of interest. ^^
Player of:

Return to “Writers' Workshop”