Anthro New England 2016 Hoop Newsletter

Sometimes we meet up for real.
Wendingo
Forum Rookie

Anthro New England 2016 Hoop Newsletter

Postby Wendingo » August 27th, 2015, 5:14 am

1 more post :P

I've been talking with Madworld about the possibility of creating a special FSPN - The Hoop for ANE featuring a mix of 'The Best of' - football and basketball art/stories and then approaching the ANE team with the possibility of distributing a physical copy of this at the con (for free).

Yes I know, there's a LOT of logistics that need to happen here. Rights issues. How we're going to print and collate this. How we are going to collect stories and determine WHICH stories we want in. BUT... Like my last post, I wanted to toss it to the crowd and gather a little feedback.. and possibly see if anyone would want to help or even front to end run with it.
Player for Dylan Redfield, Jake Turner, GM of the Albany Alphas.

JWolfman
Forum Veteran

Re: Anthro New England 2016 Hoop Newsletter

Postby JWolfman » August 27th, 2015, 9:17 am

Maybe choose a collection of the best stories and put it up on a poll to see which ones will be published? Or would that cause too much trouble and time? There's a lot of content out there obviously and condensing it all likely won't end in a 'everyone's happy' way.

In any case though, I certainly won't mind helping out with this.
Narkissa Kassius (TAL) - Akako Tsubasa (LOR) - Adam Tevela (QNS) - Yesina Selas (SAS) - Brad Pullman (TXS) - Shanice Alveres (FA) - Xavier Saffiren (WPG) - Greg Saffiren (WPG)

itsamadworld919
Forum Rookie

Postby itsamadworld919 » August 27th, 2015, 11:37 pm

I'm going to be in preliminary talks with Triv/KW about this, since time has ran out on doing any kind of guide for the Draft. It would not be the traditional HOOP newsletter though, but more like an Introductory guide of the teams, and feature a few of the big-name players from the league like Buck, Rodger, Jake, etc. UFFL doesn't really have much content to include, but there's some.

In short, I'd like to run/head this idea :P It would be a penultimate goal for me, and I've had experience before with page design.

Content would only be included with the permission of the creator, given that this would be their work getting distributed freely. I have no problem with approaching creators and asking for their permission; if they demand compensation, that will complicate things, but I'll see what I can do. If you're a major art contributor to the FBA and you're reading this, get in contact with me if you have questions.

Only problem would be printing/publishing the thing, but... let's have the product created first. I'm not sure we could distribute this to everyone - probably just to panel-goers :P

@JWolf - could you maybe help by gathering a list of potential stories/content that could be included? Nothing long - just a few things that you consider interesting to the FBA. Can be images, stories, whatever. That would be a good first step :)

Wendingo
Forum Rookie

Postby Wendingo » September 1st, 2015, 1:46 pm

@mad - its ALL you to run with this, i just like to get balls rolling
Player for Dylan Redfield, Jake Turner, GM of the Albany Alphas.

KevinMalka
Forum Veteran

Postby KevinMalka » September 1st, 2015, 1:55 pm

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad!

I am so ALLLLLLLL over helping you get this together.

Return to “Upcoming conventions”