Anthro New England 2016 Panel

Sometimes we meet up for real.
Wendingo
Forum Rookie

Anthro New England 2016 Panel

Postby Wendingo » August 27th, 2015, 5:10 am

Hi folks!

So i'm a Boston local fur and I've been talking with some of the ANE staff about running an FBA panel... maybe 2..

But here's where I want to talk to you guys.

What do you think the panel should be about?

The initial idea i had was - well, what if we did a 'intro to the FBa/UFFL' panel - after all the ANE's theme this year is 'Sportsball'

Make it a panel about what the FBA is, a brief history of it, some of the big events we've had, and lastly, how to get involved and (time permitting) what we look for in a good top 24 draft submission.

But what do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? What would you want to see? Would it be better if the panel had a better topic?

Maybe a 'history of the FBA' panel instead? or a 'running your own Furry RP community' panel? What are your thoughts?
Player for Dylan Redfield, Jake Turner, GM of the Albany Alphas.

JWolfman
Forum Veteran

Re: Anthro New England 2016 Panel

Postby JWolfman » August 27th, 2015, 9:20 am

I would love to see a FBA/UFFL panel! 'Running your own furry RP panel' is too generic... it would be better if there's more focus, like the FBA by itself? A history would be a big plus, to show just how established and organized it is, OOCly. And put some good focus on how to get involved in it, and maybe on how to write a top24 submission.
Narkissa Kassius (TAL) - Akako Tsubasa (LOR) - Adam Tevela (QNS) - Yesina Selas (SAS) - Brad Pullman (TXS) - Shanice Alveres (FA) - Xavier Saffiren (WPG) - Greg Saffiren (WPG)

itsamadworld919
Forum Rookie

Re: Anthro New England 2016 Panel

Postby itsamadworld919 » August 27th, 2015, 11:22 pm

If it's going to be an intro to the FBA/UFFL, it'd be cool to introduce some of the key players of our league at the panel. Really give an idea of how deep the personalities and stories of the players are so that people see it as more than just a sports league (i.e. Dylan Redfield 2012, Julio Onca 2011, Barnaby Jazz 2014, Coby Carson 2015, etc.)

Given I've never been to a furry con, I'm not sure what the generic panel is like. But if it's like other conventions, it's better to show than tell - show the con-goers what they can do, how easy it is, the size of the community (again - more than just a sports league AHEM Sandra), and how it's GROWING. 70+ slack members, last time I checked.

Also, since Pac is the featured guest, it'll be good to mention her work. Although it sounds like it's for the wrong reasons, if people go to ANE, they see and like her artwork, and then they see how much she does for the FBA community, they may be more inclined to join our leagues and create players. Marketing, yo. :P

Going to look into registering within the next week.

Return to “Upcoming conventions”