SPURS ARE THE 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Not sure what a pick and roll is? Don't know what skill sets work bets for a point guard? Confused on why mustard is such a big deal? This is for you.
JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

SPURS ARE THE 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Postby JTigerclaw » June 16th, 2014, 3:59 pm

Yes, that OTHER basketball league had its final game of the season yesterday! The San Antonio Spurs CRUSHED the Miami Heat and took home the title!

My thoughts:

ECSTATIC about the following:

LeBron lost.
The rest of the Heat lost (but mostly, LeBron didn't win).
Tim Duncan got his 5th ring and cemented his legacy even further as one of the best PFs to ever play.
The Spurs got revenge for last year.
Kawhi Leonard got the Finals MVP, proving that even with a Big 3, it's a TEAM GAME! Plus it couldn't happen to a nicer, more humble and deserving guy!
Dwyane Wade sucked nuts (I hate Wade).

I feel like the Spurs will continue being really strong, possibly even putting up a strong battle to return to the Finals next year. But once Duncan and Coach Pop retire, that's it. Coach Pop is the most important person in that organization, constantly making the right lineup decisions and getting his team playing the right way. He's the best coach the game has had for a reason (yes, even better than Phil "Superstar Roster" Jackson).

The Heat, honestly, I would love to see them break up. I actually do like LeBron, as much as my comments would make it seem to the contrary, I just really hate the Heat and how they came together. And now they're talking about trying to get Carmelo Anthony, further proving they just don't get the lesson that the Spurs just taught them about being a TEAM and not just some stars flanked by average players. But I would like to see what would happen if LeBron went somewhere else. Cleveland would be awesome, but that's not going to happen. New York, I now hate them since Derek Fisher is their coach and I HATE Derek Fisher (not too fond of Phil Jackson either). Lakers, God I hope not... more than likely though, he will stay with the Heat. But that's ok because Dwyane Wade is sucking more and more and the rest of their team needs a huge overhaul.

Overall I'm super happy with the results. Spurs got their revenge. Timmy got another ring (he deserves it). Heat are entering summer of flux, and a world of changes awaits the NBA (Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony, James and Co.)

Now I can focus more on the FBA playoffs... even though I was more focused on FBA than NBA by a large margin this year. What can I say, basketball+furries beats just plain basketball any day. ^^
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

Pac
Taco Shack Owner

Re: SPURS ARE THE 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Postby Pac » June 17th, 2014, 12:41 am

woots!

here, have a pointless boring noisy video of me and my husband driving around san antonio!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzWQvvDhY4k

Darkwolf
Forum Prospect

Postby Darkwolf » June 17th, 2014, 12:34 pm

I thought it would be Indiana and San Antonio in October, but I was half right. That was a very satisfying end to the Heat's reign. Also, don't forget that Boris Diaw got his ring to join Shawn Marion as redeemed Phoenix Suns players.

I could talk for days about this, but congratulations to one of the classiest organizations around.

JWolfman
Forum Veteran

Postby JWolfman » June 17th, 2014, 3:26 pm

I've considered Tim Duncan to be a future HoF'er for a long time, and he seems to be a real classy guy. I've never heard any controversy outside the court involving him. I'm not sure how much longer he intends to stay playing however... but whenever he decides to retire, he deserves the rest.
Narkissa Kassius (TAL) - Akako Tsubasa (LOR) - Adam Tevela (QNS) - Yesina Selas (SAS) - Brad Pullman (TXS) - Shanice Alveres (FA) - Xavier Saffiren (WPG) - Greg Saffiren (WPG)

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » June 17th, 2014, 4:56 pm

Pac wrote:woots!

here, have a pointless boring noisy video of me and my husband driving around san antonio!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzWQvvDhY4k

San Antonio, aka RoadConstructionville, USA! XD

See, Lakers fans would be rioting if they won. Spurs fans just honk horns. #politepartying Miami fans would be like "Damn, now I'll be in traffic longer."

Also, I miss What-a-Burger. And Taco Cabana. And... "Insurance". (oh, that's not a restaurant? XD)

It's hilarious to think of what anyone who may not be aware of basketball would be thinking. One second everything is normal. Next second, HONKPOCALYPSE!!!
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » June 17th, 2014, 5:01 pm

Darkwolf wrote:I thought it would be Indiana and San Antonio in October, but I was half right. That was a very satisfying end to the Heat's reign. Also, don't forget that Boris Diaw got his ring to join Shawn Marion as redeemed Phoenix Suns players.

I could talk for days about this, but congratulations to one of the classiest organizations around.

YEAH BORIS DIAW!

See Steve Nash! Why didn't you join the Spurs?! Ya damn Laker-ass mofo! XD

I used to hate the Spurs with a passion, but I can't deny they are one classy group of guys and I just love the way they play and go about the game of basketball. :)
Player of:

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » June 17th, 2014, 5:04 pm

JWolfman wrote:I've considered Tim Duncan to be a future HoF'er for a long time, and he seems to be a real classy guy. I've never heard any controversy outside the court involving him. I'm not sure how much longer he intends to stay playing however... but whenever he decides to retire, he deserves the rest.

Duncan is everything I respect about a star player. Humble. Unselfish. No ego. Plays the game right, doesn't flop and cheat and whine (ok, not as much as others). Just an all around good guy who happens to be one of the best basketball players ever to play. He definitely deserves this. :D

Hoping he comes back again, but if not, then he'll go out just like David Robinson. A Spurs championship on Father's Day. Perfect ending. ;)
Player of:

Pac
Taco Shack Owner

Postby Pac » June 17th, 2014, 9:17 pm

JTigerclaw wrote:Also, I miss What-a-Burger. And Taco Cabana. And... "Insurance". (oh, that's not a restaurant? XD)

it USED TO be a restaurant! :D

Return to “Real basketball talk”