NBA Draft Lottery Results

Not sure what a pick and roll is? Don't know what skill sets work bets for a point guard? Confused on why mustard is such a big deal? This is for you.
JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

NBA Draft Lottery Results

Postby JTigerclaw » May 20th, 2014, 7:47 pm

So the draft lottery happened again, and again we see a familiar face up at top.

1. Cleveland
2. Milwaukee
3. Philadelphia
4. Orlando
5. Utah
6. Boston
7. Los Angeles Lakers
8. Sacramento
9. Charlotte
10. Philadelphia
11. Denver
12. Orlando
13. Minnesota
14. Phoenix
15. Atlanta
16. Chicago (From Charlotte)
17. Boston (From Brooklyn)
18. Phoenix
19. Chicago
20. Toronto
21. Oklahoma City (From Dallas via Houston and Los Angeles Lakers)
22. Memphis
23. Utah (From Golden State)
24. Charlotte (From Portland)
25. Houston
26. Miami
27. Indiana (From Indiana)
28. L.A. Clippers
29. Oklahoma City
30. San Antonio

That's 3 out of the last 4 for Cleveland and 2 in a row.

What are the chances they bungle this number one pick with the draft stacked with sure bets? I say somehow they figure out a way to draft Anthony Bennett again.
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

JWolfman
Forum Veteran

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Results

Postby JWolfman » May 21st, 2014, 6:28 am

As happy as I am for my beloved Cavs to grab the #1 draft pick again, I've been burned by them too many times for me to have too much hope this time.

Paul Shep
Forum Rookie

Postby Paul Shep » May 21st, 2014, 8:24 am

If the Cavs draft another mediocre player, they just might turn into the Edmonton Oilers of basketball.

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » May 21st, 2014, 7:15 pm

The good news for Cavs fans is they have a different GM and this draft is pretty much a "can't miss" draft up top, barring any unforeseen injuries ala Greg Oden. They should be ok with whoever they choose unless they stray outside of Embiid/Wiggins/Parker.

Myself, I hope they take Wiggins. Something about Embiid is off-putting to use the #1 pick on. Like, he's a big man already coming off an injured back. And we've seen so many promising big men chosen ahead of once-in-a-generation wing players (Bowie in front of Jordan, Oden ahead of Durant). I'd rather see them bet the farm on Wiggins than try to play the "position" game and bet it on a big man who may or may not reach potential.

But they will probably select Embiid, if the reports are true. This is because they want to leave the SF position open for that guy in Miami, just in case he wants to grace them with his presence again.

What do you think the Top 3 order is going to be? Or will the Cavs trade their pick for a star like they are thinking about (if possible)? Would Kevin Love sign an extension to play in Cleveland if they traded the pick for him? (hahahaha, nevermind).
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

JWolfman
Forum Veteran

Postby JWolfman » May 21st, 2014, 9:22 pm

If that guy in Miami comes back to Cleveland, I will take this old fedora hat I have since I was in college many years ago, put ketchup on it, and eat it. And I'll post it all on YouTube.
Narkissa Kassius (TAL) - Akako Tsubasa (LOR) - Adam Tevela (QNS) - Yesina Selas (SAS) - Brad Pullman (TXS) - Shanice Alveres (FA) - Xavier Saffiren (WPG) - Greg Saffiren (WPG)

Anonymous13423
Forum Rookie

Postby Anonymous13423 » May 21st, 2014, 9:50 pm

JWolfman wrote:If that guy in Miami comes back to Cleveland, I will take this old fedora hat I have since I was in college many years ago, put ketchup on it, and eat it. And I'll post it all on YouTube.

Screencapped just in case. XD

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » May 21st, 2014, 10:15 pm

Dang, now I'm REALLY hoping he goes back! OwO
Player of:

Return to “Real basketball talk”