NBA Playoffs Predictions

Not sure what a pick and roll is? Don't know what skill sets work bets for a point guard? Confused on why mustard is such a big deal? This is for you.
JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

NBA Playoffs Predictions

Postby JTigerclaw » May 20th, 2014, 12:01 am

So, any NBA fans? :3

Who do you got winning it all?

In order from most to least wanted, here's who I would LIKE to win.

1. OKC Thunder
2. Indiana Pacers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Miami Heat

Who I THINK will win...

Miami. >:(

I just don't see them losing in the Finals and failing on a three-peat bid. I would love to eat my words, as I'm fine with any other team taking it, even San Antonio (who has won 4 times. I wouldn't mind Duncan elevating his legend status just a bit more before retiring). Of course I love Kevin Durant and the Thunder and would like to see them take their first chip, but with Serge Ibaka out for the rest of the playoffs and playing the Spurs in the WCF, it doesn't look likely. Indiana is the NBA's Jeckyl/Hide, so if they beat Miami to make it to the Finals, I'll be very surprised.

Ideally, I'd just like to see some good games. The 1st round was NUTS! So many overtime games and last second heroics! The 2nd round was... um... the opposite of that. Blowouts everywhere. No real excitement except the OKC/CLIPS series.

I just want to see basketball history made, even if it's like the shot that killed my Rockets (Damien Lillard, I hate you... but I still love you).

So who do you all got?
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

Darkwolf
Forum Prospect

Re: NBA Playoffs Predictions

Postby Darkwolf » May 20th, 2014, 12:19 am

1. OKC Thunder
1a. Indiana Pacers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Miami Heat

I want Durant to get a ring. I want anyone but LeBron to win. So do I pick?

San Antonio Spurs.

I said this time last year they would do the same thing as last year. Rest in the regular season and dismantle teams with fundamentals. Dallas was a terrible match up for them, but they escaped. They dismantled Portland and they have been shooting that corner three with very high efficiency. If they are healthy, they can beat the Heat. That being said, I picked Indiana to beat Miami in 7 and I stand by that. They almost made me look stupid, but I think the Pacers wanted the Heat. They didn't care about the Wizards and they were bored with the Hawks till they nearly gave away that series.

The Thunder will only beat the Spurs of Westbrook plays perfectly. Low turnovers, moving the ball and taking smart shots. They aren't going to get 16 points out of Derek Fisher again, so someone else needs to help those two with Ibaka out. Caron Butler, Reggie Jackson or some other person has to step up into that third scorer role. San Antonio has too many weapons.

The Heat are still the champs till they are not. They love to wait till the last minute to turn it on as they did against Boston two years ago and Indiana last year. But this year the closeout game is in Indy. That's huge for the Pacers. They are a matchup nightmare for the smaller Heat team and I love watching Haslem and Battier getting pushed around by West and Hibbert. If Wade's knee gets tweaked, if LeBron doesn't drop 40 plus in a game, if Bosh keeps disappearing, the Pacers win. Big 'ifs' but I think they wanted the Heat and are now locked in. Miami has been to the Finals three years in a row. Doing it a fourth time and then winning would be insanely taxing on them all. I got Spurs/Pacers for my prediction and I'm rooting for anyone not in South Beach.

JTigerclaw
Forum Veteran

Postby JTigerclaw » May 20th, 2014, 7:44 pm

I'm with you on Durant. Would love to see him get his ring. However, I do agree San Antonio has the best chance of beating Miami. I still don't think Indiana can do it 4 times in 7 games. They are just too sporadic, and Miami is too good. I also have the benefit of seeing how game 2 went (Miami won) so now it's going to Miami with it split and Indiana needing to win one there. Between Wade, Bosh and Lebron, and those pesky annoying role players that always seem to come through (Ray Allen, Chris Andersen, Norris Cole, Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller last year) it seems Miami can't just play poorly for 4 games.

I've got San Antonio and Miami in the Finals. Since San Antonio was so damn close last year, I give them as good a shot as possible to beat them this time (if Ginobili doesn't play like crap), but like with all the teams I hate that seem on track for a dynasty, I just can't put it past them and assume they can be beaten.

Hoping Indiana can prove me wrong and get past them. Then I'll be happy no matter what.
Player of:

Mikaylah Marley, Wendy Brown, Vera La Tiérra, Rodger Umaechi, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan Malone, Kasa Yalenchka, Christopher Zwischenberger, Aisha Melbourne (adopted), Chrys Bourgeois (reporter)

Other characters: Not enough space to list em all :P

JWolfman
Forum Veteran

Postby JWolfman » May 21st, 2014, 6:36 am

I would love to see Miami fall flat on their faces, but they're a team that a lot of people love to hate. Indiana is a great team but they're not consistent enough to fend off Miami, especially since Miami's more rested than they are. San Antonio is the best team, IMO, that can spoil Miami's hopes of a championship repeat, but honestly I'm just going to hold my nose and say Miami will win it all.
Narkissa Kassius (TAL) - Akako Tsubasa (LOR) - Adam Tevela (QNS) - Yesina Selas (SAS) - Brad Pullman (TXS) - Shanice Alveres (FA) - Xavier Saffiren (WPG) - Greg Saffiren (WPG)

Return to “Real basketball talk”