Tallahassee GM Suspended Indefinitely After Sex Scandal Surfaces

The home of all rumor-mongering and chatter for the East Coast.
Harlow
Forum Veteran

Tallahassee GM Suspended Indefinitely After Sex Scandal Surfaces

Postby Harlow » March 10th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Filippo Arango, the General Manager of the Tallahassee Typhoons', was given an “indefinite suspension” by the team's owners today after being spotted soliciting sexual favors from a 19-year-old prostitute in southern Miami. Upon further investigation, as many as six more confirmed instances came to light, dating back as long as April 2016. The source of the money used to purchase said services is still unclear, although allegations of it coming from the Typhoons' funds have been largely unproven. Methods of contact were varied, from a private cellphone, to the possiblity of using a staffer laptop to pose as his 15-year-old son on Facebook, with his flings posing as a high-school classmates.

“We just became aware of this last night,” team owner Merill Melech said in a statement. “Action has already been taken. We have no further comment.” Arango's media presence has been in constant decline over this season. Two weeks prior, it's been revealed Arango severed ties, with the prominent Miami Trumpeter, cancelling multiple interviews and not renewing the "Trumpeter Takeover" promo from last season.

Arango, who does confirm the recent affair, fanning the rumors going along since the start of 2017, said, “It is a personal matter that I will not dwelve on further. I'll avoid any unnecessary distractions for my team through the balance of the season and the development on this event.”

The General Manager is now being sued for divorce by his 43-year-old wife, the mother of his three pups. The case is still ongoing. An interim manager will be confirmed in the coming days.

~FMZ.com

Return to “The Eastern Conference”